Group Build Vote 2017 Chat

Don't get excited, everyone... it's just a placeholder so I don't forget. :)

De Havilland GB   (DAG058)

Maritime Patrol including Coastal Command   (dazdot)

What If IV  (Arniec)

Big Screen, Little Screen  (whitestar12chris)

"Winkle" Brown's Aircraft   (Folkbox1)

Nightfighter II GB   (smuts)

South East Asian Campaign of WW2  (the pureness) 

Made In Britain - The Sequel   (Shermaniac)

From Russia with Love  (Basilisk)

70s NATO v Warsaw Pact   (Col.)

Non-injection Moulded II - Return of the Blob  (Trickyrich)

ANZAC GB  (Trickyrich)

Dawn of the Jet Age  (Trickyrich)

Prototypes, Experimentals, World Firsts & Record Breakers GB  (TonyTiger66)

Flying Boats and Float Planes  (jrlx)

Spanish Civil War GB  (TonyTiger66)

Silver and Gold - NMF GB  (Cookenbacher and CedB)

Afghanistan GB

Nose Art GB

Carried over from 2016:

Mirage GB    (Wez)

Nordic GB    (vvpelt68)

Matchbox II GB  (Arniec)

Radial Engines Rock GB  (CliffB)

Racing GB (trickyrich)

• Like 6

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone,

it will soon be time for the poll to decide which GBs we will have for 2017. This thread (which will remain locked - ain't I a tease? :D ) is here to try and kickstart some discussion in the relevant chat threads.

Please remember, this is not a final list. there is plenty of time for more entries before the poll starts in November.

Oh... and if I have missed any GBs which have reached the threshold, please let me know.

• Like 3

We are nearing November, which is when the poll starts for next year's Groupbuilds. :yikes: 

In the first post in this thread are all the GBs which are eligible for the poll.  Please have a look to see if I have missed any.  Can all prospective hosts start lobbying for their GBs.  

A quick heads up.  

The first slot for 2017 actually starts on 31 December 2016.   The first GB will start very quickly after the end of the poll.  Hosts might want to prepare their prospective entrants for that.

Mind you, some may actually want an early start. 

This thread is now open for comments.

I propose to start the vote on Saturday, 29th October and have it run through until Sunday 27th November.  This will give four whole weeks of voting. After it closes, I can then start the cat herding phase and assign some dates.  The very first slot starts on 31 December 2016, so there will be little more than a month to get things moving for that GB. 

If there are any special dates that apply to your GB, please let me know and we can try and fit it in around those dates. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

Maybe I'm not fully au fait with things but I'm sure I put down for a 2017 build concerning artwork on aircraft ??

Since the format change I cant find the topic itself. :confused:

You mean this 

that's lacking 4 members, I believe?

On 15 oktober 2016 at 10:47 PM, vppelt68 said:

You mean this 

that's lacking 4 members, I believe?

Not annymore. it is now up to 31.

O and the Afganistan GB is thrue as well!!!

Oh boy!!! 24 GB's to vote for. This will be a difficult vote. As I have given my interest into 22 of them. What to choose hey!!! :fraidnot:

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

That´s why I prefer STGB:s...

O, I am in 7 of the 8 for next year as well. Luckely I have a break after the Bf-109 STGB.

Cheers,

• Like 1

I have signed in all 8/8... Though the F-16 STGB is the only jet I have a kit for, or actually four for! If I find jet building interesting, I shall invest in the rest of them too. F-15, F-104, F-111, Su 27, MiG 29... No reason to get excited at all?

5 hours ago, Arniec said:

Not annymore. it is now up to 31.

O and the Afganistan GB is thrue as well!!!

Oh boy!!! 24 GB's to vote for. This will be a difficult vote. As I have given my interest into 22 of them. What to choose hey!!! :fraidnot:

Cheers,

Easy Choice, Matchbox all day long.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, old thumper said:

Easy Choice, Matchbox all day long.

Yep and the What if GB. The other four will be picked blind folded I think.:shutup:

Cheers,

Can I offer this to encourage some considering artwork GB . .. .  as most were hand painted then you might be able to get a good representation of any of the MANY aircraft shown 

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/577/Bite-Me.aspx

Edited by Mancunian airman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Just a reminder that the vote starts next Saturday.

Is that the final listings at the top of the page ??
Having not taken part previous it such voting, can you just run by the formalities for those of us in the same situation.

Many thanks 

Ian

8 minutes ago, Mancunian airman said:

Having not taken part previous it such voting, can you just run by the formalities for those of us in the same situation.

There are very few formalities.  When the poll starts, I will put up a thread where you can vote.  You can vote for up to six GBs. The poll will run until midnight on 27th November. However, if there is no significant movement for a week, I will end the poll early.

At any time, you can delete your votes and start again.  Experience has shown that there is a lot of tactical voting.  All part of the fun! :D 

15 minutes ago, Mancunian airman said:

Is that the final listings at the top of the page ??

not final.  If any other GBs reach the threshold of 30 interested candidates between now and Saturday, they will be included as well.

Currently there are 24 GBs in the poll.   We like to see GBs which are as inclusive as possible and I think that this year we have succeeded admirably.  Nineteen of those GBs (almost 80%) will allow non-aircraft subjects. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

On 23/10/2016 at 9:10 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

We like to see GBs which are as inclusive as possible and I think that this year we have succeeded admirably.  Nineteen of those GBs (almost 80%) will allow non-aircraft subjects. :thumbsup: 

The message finally seems to be getting through!  ;)

• Like 1