Italeri News 2016 now official

Drareg Naitsirhc

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, but the weapons won't fit the USN option, no AIM-9D and no centerline tank.

Also, the decal sheet seems to be incomplete for Showtime 100.

Edit: And that's normal, as its Showtime 107...

Edited by Antoine
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Looks like the esci kit not italeris own one, I may pick this up, I need parts and stencils  to make and f-4d for the NATO 70s GB

I don't think Italeri had a C/D or a J in their F4 range (RF4, F4E/G and F4S) - it's the first appearance of the ESCI F-4 in a long time, since the late 90s at least.

• Like 1

Just now, Dave Fleming said:

I don't think Italeri had a C/D or a J in their F4 range (RF4, F4E/G and F4S) - it's the first appearance of the ESCI F-4 in a long time, since the late 90s at least.

True, but wouldn't be the first time someones released their own kit as a version its not in the box, in fact think italeri themselves have previous for this..... 

• Like 1

Plastic looks exactly (not surprisingly) the same as the original 1980s issue (http://modelingmadness.com/scott/viet/f4cjpreview.htm) .

Which means the cockpit is USAF style with rear cockpit consoles. Still, it was always the best 1/72 Phantom until the Fujimi and Hasegawa ones came along.

Trying to recall if the ESCI kit ever has a centreline tank - IIRC the weapons sprue was the same in every release, the only centreline store they offered was the SUU-23 (which had the RHAW antennae on the same sprue)

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 1

That is incorrect.  Although, not really a big deal.  If you're into what-ifs, go for it; if not, Indian roundels for the spares box.  Just think of them as extra missiles you wouldn't use.

Also, can I just say, I find the title of this thread kind of hilarious?  Like, there's two weeks left in the year; I should hope the news is now official!  :lol:

Or Eduard's 'desert camo' SAAF Mirage IIIc, based on a magazine photo with an obviously wonky white balance (the clouds were yellow, FFS).  That may actually have been Eduard's first instance of defiantly criticizing their critics: they even set up a page in their Royal Class mini-site posting their photo documentation, and proclaiming that all the South African modellers who had actually seen the real planes in the flesh and examined the actual paint up close, were totally wrong and that Eduard's own ground-breaking research had uncovered the truth.

Come to think of it, that could make for an interesting group build: the manufacturer cock-up GB. :)

• Like 2