Italeri News 2016 now official

Drareg Naitsirhc

45 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning

I just discovered this boxing https://www.scalemates.com/kits/978103-italeri-1373-f-4-phantome-aces 

Do you know what'is in this attractive box ?

Patrice

14 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

their old tool, same plastic as in the F-4S edition raise panel lines etc

More likely to be the old ESCI tooling which covered both C&J models - scribed lines and nice tooling similar to their F-100 e.g. ESCI at their best. Might have some minor shape issues and lacks cockpit detail but otherwise a competent kit 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wez said:

More likely to be the old ESCI tooling which covered both C&J models - scribed lines and nice tooling similar to their F-100 e.g. ESCI at their best. Might have some minor shape issues and lacks cockpit detail but otherwise a competent kit 

May well actually be right, though scalemates agrees with me, shall awiat its release, may even buy it, see how it compares to the fujimi, need an f-4D for the Nato 70's GB (assuming it goes through) as I doubt Ill be able to track down a hasegawa 

40 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

May well actually be right, though scalemates agrees with me, shall awiat its release, may even buy it, see how it compares to the fujimi, need an f-4D for the Nato 70's GB (assuming it goes through) as I doubt Ill be able to track down a hasegawa 

It won't be the first time Scalemates has been wrong 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

The Esci kit compared very well with the Fujimi ones, they were almost identical ! The same company made the moulds for both Esci and Fujimi and some parts of the two kits are practically interchangeable. The cockpit in particular is the same, bad for both.

Still, as Wez said, the Esci kits were nice, the C/J was also the best shapewise and will look good with a few additions to the cockpit. If the price is right (and this is a big "if" anytime Italeri is concerned), I'll sure get one

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

The Esci kit compared very well with the Fujimi ones, they were almost identical ! The same company made the moulds for both Esci and Fujimi and some parts of the two kits are practically interchangeable. The cockpit in particular is the same, bad for both.

Still, as Wez said, the Esci kits were nice, the C/J was also the best shapewise and will look good with a few additions to the cockpit. If the price is right (and this is a big "if" anytime Italeri is concerned), I'll sure get one

Hi Giorgio

Thank you for your answer

Patrice

I think Italeri is going for the reboxing champion ..............title......

But its good news especially on certain kits.....speaking of which anyone knows is the 1/48 MB 339 still on the cards....Marking options will be much appreciated if its still on the cards.........

rgds

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2016 at 4:21 AM, mungo1974 said:

Italeri are fast becoming the new Hasgawa...throw in a new decal sheet...hike up the price and repop that sucker....That B-66 is 30 years old now,and the B-52 and Tonka aren't that far behind.

Still substantially cheaper. I'm glad they're remembering the modeller's paradise that is the Gulf War. Nobody has bothered with a similar series aside from one offs. It's a shame that not all of these kits are the best in the market though, except for the A-10 and Mirage 2000. The Jaguar A is not too shabby either and unlike the Hobby Boss has a two piece canopy and extendable air brakes (a must on a Jag!). The Tonka is a pretty awful kit though.

On ‎11‎.‎11‎.‎2016‎. at 2:16 AM, Mr B said:

I think Italeri is going for the reboxing champion ..............title......

But its good news especially on certain kits.....speaking of which anyone knows is the 1/48 MB 339 still on the cards....Marking options will be much appreciated if its still on the cards.........

rgds

It is slated for next year, that is for sure.

Edited by Thomas V.

On 09/11/2016 at 1:56 PM, Giorgio N said:

Is that the same with the Harriers? There are some strange similarities (and some notable differences)

Harriers, Phantoms and A-7 Corsairs are very similar between Fujimi and ESCI, as they were apparently tooled by the same tooling company, with just enough differences to not be a straight copy.

Corsairs have slightly different intake, as Fujimi has half-length trunking and intake halves that are separate from fuselage, and ESCI has a blanking plate about 5 mm behind the intake lip and just intake lips as separate parts. Fujimi also has correct wheels for Navy vs Air Force versions, while ESCI has Navy wheels only for both versions.

Harriers are a similar story, being even more alike, but apparently ESCI fits slightly better.

Phantoms are just like Corsairs, with Fujimi having some version specific parts unlike ESCI which has Air Force fuselage (refueling port on spine and no engraving for Navy probe, Air Force cockpit, Navy wheels, lower wing with catapult hook detail).

The Esci Harriers, as the Phantoms and others, were tooled by Suntak, a company that in those same years was working for Fujimi and other Japanese companies. This is where the similarities came from.

Esci never really did any mould, their kits were tooled by others, including for a while the same Italeri that is now reboxing several old Esci kits. The "Suntak era" was the best in terms of quality, many of those kits are still extremely good today after 30 or more years. I believe the last kits made by Suntak were the F-15 series. These were very similar to the ones sold today by Academy and I think this is not a coincidence

• Like 5

Read the B-52 review here

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/it/kit_it_1378.shtml

Good to see tougher plastic,but one thing is interesting ,never saw or hear about this:

" this kit has the wing root fairings that were applied to the B-52Gs that were part of

the nuclear deterrence force that were to be identifiable under the SALT II treaty"

15 hours ago, iaf-man said:

Read the B-52 review here

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/it/kit_it_1378.shtml

Good to see tougher plastic,but one thing is interesting ,never saw or hear about this:

" this kit has the wing root fairings that were applied to the B-52Gs that were part of

the nuclear deterrence force that were to be identifiable under the SALT II treaty"

Yep the G cruise missile carriers had curved aerodynamic fairings between the wing and fuselage so they could be counted on satellite  photos. As the Hs had different engine shapes, they kept the original wing/fuselage shape.

On 4-11-2016 at 4:29 PM, Homebee said:

- ref.1384S - Tornado GR. 1 RAG "Gulf War"

I just might get that for the decals, use them on my RoG GR.1 stash and give the Italeri kit to my eight year old. 

Cheers,

Andre 

• Like 1

Wow, that's pricey (puts the Airfix Victor price into perspective)!  Wait for the Jadlam offers I think.

I have no interest in the Macchi Veltro, but I do like the idea of depicting the camo markings on the decal sheet, is that a first on a mainstream kit?

Pretty sure one of the Japanese companies did it for their Ki61's, maybe Fine Molds? Possibly on their Bf109's too?

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon
  • Like 1