1/32 - Lockheed-Martin F-35A Lightning II by Italeri - released - new Tamiya & Academy boxing

Homebee

Italeri is to release a 1/32nd Lockheed-Martin F-35A Lightning II kit in 2017- ref.2506

Sources:

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/f35a-lightning-ii-2506s-italeri-it2506s-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=134766

http://www.italeri.com/imgup/Preview%20Italeri%202016(1).pdf

F-35A_zpsdrj0hl8y.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

The aviation world's dullest paint scheme

HOW can you say that??? It's anything but dull, with that beautiful sheen, all those contrasting panels.... It'll look fantastic in 1/32. Just as I'd decided to downsize to 1/48, of course....!

Edited by Alan P
  • Like 1

Somehow, this just does not turn me on. I don't mind the paint scheme, but the scale results in a model that you can't conveniently display...and everybody and his kid brother is making an A or B. The C model would be of more interest, as the Orange Hobby kit has a nasty mould line on the inside of the canopy.

Edited by HMSLion

The mirage is accurate , but a little crude in places, and the fit isn't exceptional , but its highly buildable -

the F-35 is a very nice surprise , and i'll be getting it as Soon as its available , for me its really good news, especially as the aviation mags have been all over the F-35 in the last few months after the Marine corps IOC of the type ,

This is a very good day, - would be a lot better is someone would do a 32nd F-22 to go with it tho!

Was the 104 inaccurate? My understanding was that some details were while the shape was fine. Mould quality is another story, pretty bad.

I would consider the choice of variant good for this F-35, the A us after all the variant that will be used in largest numbers by the vast majority of users.. Not least Italeri's home market

HOW can you say that??? It's anything but dull, with that beautiful sheen, all those contrasting panels.... It'll look fantastic in 1/32. Just as I'd decided to downsize to 1/48, of course....!

Have you been sniffing too much Tamiya extra thin? :mental: Whatever floats your boat I suppose, but not for me.

Maybe we will see some colour on the jet once it's been in service for a bit.

Whatever floats your boat I suppose, but not for me.

Have you seen the first US Navy squadron? A lot more colourful than anything else they've got at the moment.

F-35C-Grim-Reapers.jpg

Still, your opinion is valuable, thank you. <_<

Edited by Alan P
  • Like 2

OK, this is good think... Mirage IIICJ is my favorite delta :)

I read a bad reviews for Starf... Inaccurate cockpit etc....

Tamiya release a last jet in 1/32 a twelve years ago... Maybe is time for another - and F-35 may be bought a Japanese Airforce.... I think he is a high probability a next jet from Tamiya in big scale may be F-35....

But better Italeri in pocket....as Tamiya on the roof. :D:)

• 7 months later...
On 21/1/2016 at 3:24 PM, Stephen said:

Be still my beating heart! The aviation world's dullest paint scheme in a bigger scale. it will also probably cost as much as a real one.

Stephen

Not to mention the fact that it's also - by the proverbial country mile - the aviation world's ugliest ever aeroplane.....

Edited by hopkp
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2016 at 8:27 PM, hopkp said:

Not to mention the fact that it's also - by the proverbial country mile - the aviation world's ugliest ever aeroplane.....

What would've  you said if the true ugliest Boeing F-32 would have won?))))))

This one is half as bad)))))

3 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

What would've  you said if the true ugliest Boeing F-32 would have won?))))))

This one is half as bad)))))

OK, I can't disagree with that; however, something that's half as ugly as an F-32 is still REALLY ugly!

On 24 September 2016 at 6:27 PM, hopkp said:

Military aeroplane that is, please don't leave that over-sized bucket of junk, the A380 out of a statement like this!

The world needs a return to real jets! Bring us back the Tomcats, Phantoms, Bucc's ;)

Eng

• Like 2