1/32 - Lockheed-Martin F-35A Lightning II by Italeri - released - new Tamiya & Academy boxing

Homebee

Irrespective of the cost overruns, its inability to fullfil its contracted performance requirements, its delays that are almost as bad as the 787, its pure inability to provide what it promised its just plain ugly and not ugly in a cool way like an A380 or A-10..

At least Italeri are improving kit to kit it seems.

Hard to judge from one sprue shot but seeing that the wings are molded separate a Navy version could be in the works. As stated the VSTOL may not be possible which is a shame as it is the more interesting one , to me anyways

• Like 1

I agree Hacker. The B, with all the articulated panels and tilting nozzle, is the real curiosity item which appeals. 

The A does look to be a nice model. Might look okay in Thunderbirds livery.

Tony

1 minute ago, Albeback52 said:

Nah! They can keep it. Dull, grey,boring, totally uninspiring and yawn inducing. Just like Spitfires in fact..............................!!!!!!:sleep_1::wicked:

Allan

I've never understood the fad for pronouncing judgement on something while simultaneously packaging it with strong evidence one's judgement is not to be trusted.

• Like 9

On 10/01/2017 at 17:27, Radleigh said:

I fell in love this with aircraft at RIAT..

F-35 debut at RIAT. by Radleigh Bushell, on Flickr

F-35 debut - RIAT 2016 by Radleigh Bushell, on Flickr

Cool shots.. Especially the last one with all its junk hanging down/open- would look good replicated by the Italeri.....getting one..

5 hours ago, Procopius said:

I've never understood the fad for pronouncing judgement on something while simultaneously packaging it with strong evidence one's judgement is not to be trusted.

It's an age thing! Don't worry about it😁

On 11 January 2017 at 7:33 PM, colin ritchie said:

IAF aircraft, 3 colour camo.... Hmmmmm

Any colour you like, as long as it's grey...

image_147.jpeg

(Lockheed-Martin photo)

Still think a Thunderbirds scheme would be best.

Tony 

Release March 2017.

Source: http://www.italeri.com/news_scheda.asp?idNews=701

TOY FAIR 2017 - NUREMBERG

Dear Friends,

Italeri, as every year, will participate at Toy Fair 2017, the most important event dedicated to the world of toys and scale models that will be held, as tradition, in Nuremberg (from 1 February to 6 February). It’s an important opportunity to present the previews of our new scale model kits planned for 2017. 
During the event we will be proud to present, as World wide preview, the new F-35 1/32 scale we will release on March. In our dedicated exhibition area, we will display our latest scale models, recently introduced last years, and the reference scale models of “traditional” Italeri line up.  
If you have planned to visit the Toy Fair  in Nuremberg, come visit us at our exhibition area.
Our team will be proud and  happy to show all the incoming previews and our current product line up. Then, if you are our “Fan” on Italeri Official Account Facebook page, you will receive a small gift.

See you soon in Germany!!!

The Italeri staff.

All details of the event on  : http://www.spielwarenmesse.de

V.P.

Meeeehhhhh ..... :mellow:

Certainly a nice kit but, let's face it, of the most boring version of a bffff-aircraft.

Unless they pop out a C-version at some point I'll invest my meager budget in something nicer.

(Only way I'll ever go for this one is if ..... well actually when! the Luftwaffe is getting the F-35. Which will ultimately happen once they realice how futile their current project outlook for a European Tonka replacement will be. As the saying goes: The last one is the one to get bitten.:P  A Luftwaffe F-35 .... yeah o.k. might really get me to get this kit)

Edited by bushande

If they do a 'B or a 'C I might be tempted, I actually find the shape of the F-35 more pleasing to the eye than the F-22, although I wish they could get rid of the 'gaffer tape gone mad' look, surely they could make the RAM material on the opening panel edges blend in to the overall colour a bit more.