1/32 - Lockheed-Martin F-35A Lightning II by Italeri - released - new Tamiya & Academy boxing

Homebee

Love the fact that Italeri provide some masks for the RAM coating at the skin joins. I must confess that's what has put me off building F-35s in the past. 

I wasn't planning on buying the A version and was going to wait for the B to do an RAF/RN version, but seeing this, it is rather tempting. 

I would want the B version too and in 1/48 but it's way down the priority list.  

For all the fact it's grey - I think getting a good finish will be difficult and call for a great level of skill..

1 hour ago, tomprobert said:

Love the fact that Italeri provide some masks for the RAM coating at the skin joins. I must confess that's what has put me off building F-35s in the past. 

There are an awful more RAM stripes and panels than what Italeri provides masks for. There is a potential for aftermarket products here.

Nils

On 11.3.2017 at 3:30 PM, Shaun said:

Now in stock at Hannants, £100!!!  It better be good for that price tag?

I hope the new Tornado is not priced the same?

Shaun.

"only" £ 81 at evilbay.uk

a 19 £ differenceis also quite steep!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Italeri-1-32-Lockheed-Martin-F-35-A-Lightning-II-2506-/332150267601?hash=item4d55b2ded1:g:-CUAAOSw4CFYwnSY

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

Model Hobbies' prices are great!!

At Lucky you can get it at 78 GBP when discounted at 20% incl.surface postage

11 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

Model Hobbies' prices are great!!

At Lucky you can get it at 78 GBP when discounted at 20% incl.surface postage

where would you get the discount from?

kit price is good,at  ~80US$

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=IT 2506

but I think it is funny (nor really!) how LM have increased shipping costs lately....

do they really think someone pays 45 US $ is shipping?

by the way, LM lately charges shipping costs often higher for larger (i.e. 2 kits) orders than when ordered individually..... :banghead: is that customer service????

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

do they really think someone pays 45 US $ is shipping?

No. That's probably why the discounts are here for. To absorb shipment cost increase.

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

by the way, LM lately charges shipping costs often higher for larger (i.e. 2 kits) orders than when ordered individually..... :banghead: is that customer service????

Weight and box size determine the shipment option. Single small kit = small packet, several medium kits = small packet doesn't apply anymore so the price isn't the same anymore.

Edited by Laurent

You quote airmail,what's the hurry?

I order from them surface always,saves you loads of money,

no kit is that urgent to have))))

I compare their shipping prices with any others-you're complaining from UK?

US,Canada,EU shipping prices are killing,none of them decreased with the decrease

of fuel cost,volumetric costs etc....etc....

They have twice a year big discounts-at their anniversary and before Christmass

Other options are $2 shipment on all kits,and they can lower the prices on the customs label

It's up to you

50 minutes ago, Laurent said:

No. That's probably why the discounts are here for. To absorb shipment cost increase.

Weight and box size determine the shipment option. Single small kit = small packet, several medium kits = small packet doesn't apply anymore so the price isn't the same anymore.

39 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

You quote airmail,what's the hurry?

I order from them surface always,saves you loads of money,

no kit is that urgent to have))))

I compare their shipping prices with any others-you're complaining from UK?

US,Canada,EU shipping prices are killing,none of them decreased with the decrease

of fuel cost,volumetric costs etc....etc....

They have twice a year big discounts-at their anniversary and before Christmass

Other options are $2 shipment on all kits,and they can lower the prices on the customs label

It's up to you

guys, whatever you say above has off course its merits!

I've been ordering quite a lot over the last few years, but I am not prepared to wait for an order for between 2 and 6 months AND having to expect a heavily damaged box because of increased transport time...

but what I in mean my post above is, that when you buy one kit with lets say $12 of shipping costs and one with $13, I'd expect the LM shipping calculator to come up with total shipment costs of at least not more than $25 . But unfortunately  they'd charge you lets say $35. So any discount you probably get from larger orders is eaten up by the exorbitantly increasing shipping costs. somehow stupid, no?

try out yourself if in disbelief!

Small packet has size and weight restrictions, and a single kit gets very close to the maximum dimensions allowed.

One kit can be shipped small parcel.  And entirely different kit can also be shipped small parcel.  Both kits combined are too large, or too heavy (or both) to be shipped via small parcel, and must therefore be sent at a higher, more expensive class.

Fun fact: Royal Mail is *exactly* the same.  http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder 

A 1kg box that's small enough to be sent small parcel will cost £17.20 to ship to China.

A 1kg box that's too large to send small parcel will cost £40.35 to ship to China.

A 2kg box that's small enough to send small parcel will cost £22.75 to ship to China.

A 2.1kg box is too heavy to send small parcel, no matter what the size, and therefore will cost £58.65 to ship to China.

Shipment to Europe of KH Su-17M3/4s

1 (800g without packaging) 2 (1600g without packaging) 3 (2400g without packaging)
Lucky Model 13.60 (SP reg) 20.93 (AIR reg.) 63.52 (AIR reg.)
Hobby Easy 18.45 (SP reg) 41.81 (AIR non-reg ?) 50.32 (AIR non-reg ?)

Small parcel and < 2kg (packaging excluded) parcel prices are interesting at LM but not for heavier parcels. For the later, surface shipment may be more reasonable.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, Shaun said:

Now in stock at Hannants, £100!!!  It better be good for that price tag?

I hope the new Tornado is not priced the same?

Shaun.

It might be £100 but it's still #2 In the Hannants list.

• Like 1

On 13.3.2017 at 8:48 PM, Laurent said:

Shipment to Europe of KH Su-17M3/4s

1 (800g without packaging) 2 (1600g without packaging) 3 (2400g without packaging)
Lucky Model 13.60 (SP reg) 20.93 (AIR reg.) 63.52 (AIR reg.)
Hobby Easy 18.45 (SP reg) 41.81 (AIR non-reg ?) 50.32 (AIR non-reg ?)

Small parcel and < 2kg (packaging excluded) parcel prices are interesting at LM but not for heavier parcels. For the later, surface shipment may be more reasonable.

interesting comparison!

still, why offering this for the customer absolutely silly large packages when 2 / small ones would be cheaper for the customer??

LM: 13,60*3 = 40,8.... ~23 difference!! :banghead:

HE: 18,45*2= 36,9.... ~ 5 too much.....

Waiting patiently here in the US for this release. Can't bring myself to paying for shipping from Hannant's or Lucky Model. Keeping an eye on Ebay, Spruebrothers, Squadron, Amazon...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

My partner saw this and suggested adding it to her Crimbo list!! (lovely girl!):D:giggle:. Actually, up to now I have had  absolutely zero interest in this horrible looking thing in any shape,scale or form and was determined never to allow such a misshapen monstrosity to darken my shelves!! Of course, now that someone has offered to pay for it.....................!!!:D. Still refuse to countenance that dreadfully dull and boring grey colour scheme though! I will only go so far...............................!

Allan

ps - I did say I'd rather have the forthcoming Revell 1/32 F/A - 18E though!:rofl: