Bell P-39 Airacobra / P-63 Kingcobra STGB Chat

1 hour ago, Arniec said:

Is there a date nown for this GB?! I have just noticed that there  are 25 participants.

And I would like to build a 1/32 P-39 just like Rich.;)

Cheers,

arrrr 6th from the top!  :whistle:

25Aug18 - 05Nov18

As I have the Eduard Duo in the stash plus that weird swept wing navy experimental thingy as well I think that'll be enough for me.........as nice as a 1/32nd thingy would be! But it is a year away and who knows what I'll have in the stash by then!

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

arrrr 6th from the top!  :whistle:

25Aug18 - 05Nov18

As I have the Eduard Duo in the stash plus that weird swept wing navy experimental thingy as well I think that'll be enough for me.........as nice as a 1/32nd thingy would be! But it is a year away and who knows what I'll have in the stash by then!

I must have been blind not to see that.:drunk:

You must go more to evilbay to get some nice deals. :wicked:

I have also got a eduard one in the stash, but that is with all sorts of after market. So I leave that alone. 

Maybee I will change my mind a few times before it starts.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9.6.2017 at 15:03, Arniec said:

Is there a date nown for this GB?! I have just noticed that there  are 25 participants.

And I would like to build a 1/32 P-39 just like Rich.;)

Cheers,

On 28.11.2016 at 23:13, Enzo Matrix said:

Dates are confirmed as 25 August 2018 to 25 November 2018

Here you have them, Arnie, and before you know it we´re already there - time really flies! I bought this being loyal to one true 1:72 scale, but to my horror it has three resin parts, my first, it must be the bad company I´m in :banghead:

V-P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Here you have them, Arnie, and before you know it we´re already there - time really flies! I bought this being loyal to one true 1:72 scale, but to my horror it has three resin parts, my first, it must be the bad company I´m in :banghead:

V-P

ONLY 3 BITS OF RESIN!!!!!!!! :yikes: It's hardly even worth mentioning and it's only the exhausts!! It's hardly worth even getting the razor saw out for as they're so tiny!

My dear man, we seriously need to get you over the the dark side! :wicked: A full resin model, that's what you need, like this!    Bell L-39.2   Will put hairs on your chest, will make a man out of you! :D Shortly there after you'll be living and breathing the stuff....well may be not the dust anyway! There's a whole new world out there hidden from normal modellers very, sort of like the dark web. Where exotic bits of resin are secretly moved around, where you hunt for the rare and exotic stuff....and sell your first born to buy it! In my case I'll be happy to give mine away!! :D

It's a nice looking model though, with a good choice of colour schemes.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

yeap got the same one as well! :D

I've got the RedRoo decals as well but for the 1/32nd beasty, plus I found a cool set of masks, so I'm going to paint the markings on now instead. Looks much better that way.

Though I'm sort of tempted to build the 1/32nd one for the Pacific GB and one of the 1/48th ones for this GB.....will have a think about it. 

• 3 months later...
On 14/12/2017 at 4:11 PM, Antoine said:

By the way, don't forget to add my name to the list.

:penguin:

are yes I had.....I think..

20 minutes ago, wellzy said:

Hi Rich can l put my name down for this one please 

Wellzy 

no worries, will keep a seat nice and warm for you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,I'll be joining in the fun with Special Hobbies 1/32 release as either an RAF or possibly my first ever Australian schemed aircraft,kit started

ages ago still well within the 25% rule.

20 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Hi all,I'll be joining in the fun with Special Hobbies 1/32 release as either an RAF or possibly my first ever Australian schemed aircraft,kit started

ages ago still well within the 25% rule.

I've got the same beastie for this GB, it's a really nice looking model. It'll be great to see another one in the big scale.

• Like 1

I have the RAF boxing of the RS kit in 1/72nd that I would like to build, it will be in 601 Sqn markings as they spent a very short time at Acaster Malbis which is where we had our wedding reception 28 years ago (it was second time around for me and pleased that it has lasted so well despite some ups and downs). 

• Like 2

I visited this Kobrushka a few weeks ago at the Finnish Anti-Aircraft Museum. It´s on loan there from the Air Force Museum collection. That´s a P-39-Q-15 assembled from three wrecks shot down in the hot summer of ´44. V-P

20180505_141318

• Like 4

6 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Just imagine having this view in the sights of my Bf 109 G... just virtually, of course! V-P

20180505_141751

I bet there was many a view like that from a Bf-109!

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Doc72 said:

Please add me to the list as well. It will be my first group build. 

Ole

no problems at all, welcome aboard, it should be a great GB.

After my dismal performance (again) this year I intend to make ammends with TWO builds. An RAF bird (planned for RAF GB) and the Italian one originally intended for this. Just received the SBS resin propellers for the Eduard 48th kits. WOW!!!! they're nice.