Bell P-39 Airacobra / P-63 Kingcobra STGB Chat

1 hour ago, rob85 said:

And I am that one....

always wanted to build one with the pin up on so its a good excuse 

Rob

you certainly are.....I actually checked this time before making any rash statements!! :whistle:

I'll let Enzo know so we can have a date.....are their is no need to rush as it'll be a wee bit in the future!.

Thank you everyone for expressing there interest, I look forward to seeing what everyone brings to the build!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

So this will happen???

René

yeap, but don't get too excited it's not until 2018!! That said I've already started looking for extra AM bits.......nothing like preparation.......:D

Have got the Eduard Duel set so I guess I'll have to build two! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Looking at the 2017 GB calendar I am quite happy it will be not before 2018!

OK - be prepared for some racers then :-)

René

I'm definitely with you on that!!! Next year is already chock-a-block with GB's & STGB's and I haven't even thought about some of the "special projects" I have planned!

I do hope you bring along a racer or two, it's always nice to see them!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SleeperService said:

Hopefully my new model-making tactic will have paid off by the time this starts and I will not only start but actually complete a GB Entry. I'm thinking an RAF bird at the moment. But I'm fickle so that may change....:whistle:

you have plenty of time to practise your new tactics! I have the Eduard Duo set, but for some reason a 1/32nd beasty is calling me!!!

• Like 1

On ‎12‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 0:37 PM, trickyrich said:

you have plenty of time to practise your new tactics! I have the Eduard Duo set, but for some reason a 1/32nd beasty is calling me!!!

Is that my fault as well?!:D

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Arniec said:

Is that my fault as well?!:D

Yes, Arniec I think it may be so :whistle:

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

I like how they're all standing around with their hands in their pockets!

They're Crabs enough said. Likely better than trying them against the pesky Luftwaffe though. :o

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Sabre_days said:

Please count me in.

no worries, the build is through so now it's just the waiting.......plenty of time to plan....then something better is released and the planning starts all over again! 

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

no worries, the build is through so now it's just the waiting.......plenty of time to plan....then something better is released and the planning starts all over again! 

Maybee some manufacturer will bring out a new one in 1/32 scale?!:rofl::devil:

Cheers,

• Like 1

On 3/22/2017 at 2:13 AM, Arniec said:

Maybee some manufacturer will bring out a new one in 1/32 scale?!:rofl::devil:

Cheers,

I'll survive if they do, Eduard Duo set should be enough to keep me out of trouble.......or in it!

I've just realised I've nearly gone a week without looking on evilbay!!! I must be ill or working too hard!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/01/2017 at 6:37 AM, trickyrich said:

Now that you mention it (or rather, now that I see that you mention it), I was just GIVEN a barely started Special Hobby P-39!  This would be a good excuse to knock it about together.  I also have plenty of 1/48th ones, including P-63.  Which reminds me- I've been wanting to do the swept-wing L-39, too...  Heck, I even have a Heller 1/72 P-39 that would qualify.  Maybe I can do a "diminishing" group build!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gingerbob said:

Now that you mention it (or rather, now that I see that you mention it), I was just GIVEN a barely started Special Hobby P-39!  This would be a good excuse to knock it about together.  I also have plenty of 1/48th ones, including P-63.  Which reminds me- I've been wanting to do the swept-wing L-39, too...  Heck, I even have a Heller 1/72 P-39 that would qualify.  Maybe I can do a "diminishing" group build!

or you could finish just one Bob!!! :D  You know you get carried away when you start these builds and it never ends well!! Chose one and don't get too carried away with it, my aim this year is to get you to get one in the gallery in time! I have encouragement! :whip: I've got a L-39, it's a nice model, if I have time I'll build that one as well.

Finnish, you say?  OH, finish... yeah, that's my goal too.  My L-39 (and I do mean the P-63 mod, in case anyone is confused) would be a conversion in 1/48.  But for a Group Build I think I'd really just do a P-39.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 21.1.2016 at 11:57 AM, vppelt68 said:

Yes I´m in! May I volunteer as a co-host too? I can personally buy and give a fresh copy of this Finnish comic book called Punainen Kobra (Krasnaja Kobra, Red Cobra) as a prize to the best build of this STGB. Regards, V-P

punainenkobrakansi_zpsaflprvyk.jpg

I´m sorry for quoting myself :innocent: I just bought a pair of these books as GB prizes. One is for the "best flown in Finland"- build in the Bf 109 STGB II. I then thought it´d be more appropriate to give the other one as a prize for the "best Soviet Airacobra"- build, if that´s ok for the rest of you? Best regards, V-P 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just seen that Arsenal Model Group AMG have listed the P-63 Kingcobra in multiple scales as part of their forthcoming releases for 2017!

1/144th: P-63A, P-63C, P-63E-1

1/72nd: P-63A, P-63E-1, RP-63G Pinball

1/48th: P-63A, P-63C, P-63E-1, RP-63G

Hmmm I can see myself possibly building a Kingcobra now!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is there a date nown for this GB?! I have just noticed that there  are 25 participants.

And I would like to build a 1/32 P-39 just like Rich.;)

Cheers,