1/8 Cunningham E Type Revell conversion

I used the kit-bits to make a mould and cast my own with water-clear resin coloured with... wait for it... food colouring...

Even I was surprised at how well they turned out.

I'm just waiting for a sheet of 1mm rubber to arrive so that I can make the rear screen and lower roof seal and the wiper blades.

Then the window braces, and all done.

Time to start thinking 'what's next?'

I've added a pic I left off previously. (Excuse the dust and fingermarks all over the screen)

Roy.

P1011796_zpso1dn1eom.jpg

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 1

Very nice Roy! I love it all (apart from one thing)...I think the door mirror looks oversized!?

TBH - I nobbled it from the Aston DB5 to use as a master...

However, now that you mention it, it's bugging me.

I've already removed it for 'surgery'.

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 2

I think the Lister will wait a while as I'm pretty much 'Big cars outed'. If that makes sense.

After about 6-7 giant cars, I want something simple for a change as a next project...

The Lister will be along though.

Roy.

• Like 1

The beastie is getting there now.

Rear screen and roof seal rubber is in, and the roof straps are added.

Just a final tweak of bits, some extra weathering in a few places.

Display case ordered.

The next - and last - update will be in the 'complete' area.

Many thanks to all who have followed my waffle, and hopefully some of it has been useful.

Roy.

P1011804_zpshcqumlmt.jpg

P1011805_zpswd0vjkiq.jpg

P1011806_zpsjcseucun.jpg

• Like 2

I said it before and must repeat it now. Fantastic car, you've built here.

thanks for sharing and explaining, Roy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry for the thread resurrection Roy! A friend of mine who owns an E-type was telling me that he picked up a couple of Revell E-types and plans to build one into a Cunningham car, so I sent him a link to your build. He plans to build the kits in a few years when he retires. I also sent him links to your items on eBay.

This has got me interested in the Revell kit now, but as I am only working part time at the moment it will have to wait until I get more work. Gives me time to be with the kids and make model cars, though!

• 1 year later...
On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 4:02 PM, larchiefeng said:

Love these cars and it would be great if you could talk your friend into making a transkit for this car even if it was a limited run. It's what you're doing with this kit that makes wanting to build this Jag a much more interesting build than the toy like version you would get by just building it straight out of the box. ................ I don't think I'm the only one here that has a renewed interest in this kit now.

Whilst browsing a certain part work model forum, I've stumbled across some possible exciting news - it looks like this might happen :thumbsup2:, albeit not the lightweight version. I'm not sure that I'm allowed to draw attention to Manufacturer's part work forums but under members Motor & Loco build diaries you might find Roy's next project other forums - so you'll just have find it for yourselves :P.

• Like 1