Any decent spacecraft models from the alien movie series?

Wonderer

Hey all

So having recently got back into modelling after many,many years I want to venture into more Sci fi and real space models. Having looked around there are a few models from the Terminator series but so far I cant find any decent ones from my favorite series.....Alien. I have found the alien itself as an old kit but honestly, it looks kind of rubbish, just like a man in a suit standing up.

I am looking for any of the space craft themselves, the drop ship, Sulaco etc would all make great models in a decent scale. Am I being blind?

Edited by Wonderer

I've tracked a number of Aliens kit on fleabay over the years.....silly money. I also saw some for sale at Telford last year......some were approaching £200..

Ideally, Bandai will get the licence for a whole series of Alien kits.......there's a thought.

Fantastic Plastic is coming out with the Prometheus. There's a thread about it on Starshipmodeler.

As for the Polar Lights Sulaco, I believe it's been cancelled. Which is quite unfortunate.

Hope that helps.

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

As the others have said these kits are rare and fetch silly money, regarding spaceships from the films, here are the ones i know about.

Halycon did the Nostromo, Drop ship, Sulaco and the Narcissus

Garage kits there was a Derelict and a Betty from alien res, i also saw once a small model of the Refinery towed by the Nostromo

Fantastic plastic are releasing a Prometheus soon

there was also small scale prepainted models requiring a little assembly by Konami, they did the Drop ship and the Nostromo

All the best Chris

The Halcyon power loader is available at auction for somewhat reasonable prices, that seems to draw people less than the vehicles and is (from what I've seen and heard) a better kit than the dropship or APC.

If you're prepared to branch out into figures, Polar Lights have recently released a *fantastic* kit of Kane about to get hugged in the face.

It's not cheap (not bad for what it is though) and very cleanly cast with good fit. The only downside is that they didn't get the license to use John Hurt's likeness, but with the helmet and so on it's not going to be too bad.

Will

Hi Wonderer,as others have noted Halcyon seem to be the only game in town regarding the vehicles from the Alien series,you can see some wips here.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234959054-andys-alien-obsession/?hl=aliens

Unfortunately they tend to go for "silly money" on E-Bay,a Japanese company called SKYNET re-issued some of the craft a few years ago.

Andy

I tracked down a Sulaco and a Drop Ship many years ago, before the money got really silly, but keep an eye on the auction and second hand sites, you never know your luck! There is also a couple of resin 1/72 APC's designed to go with the Drop Ship that are fun and still in production...

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Closest I've ever been able to get to these kits are the paper models. They look pretty good to me.

Edit: Same fellow that did the LV-426 dropship paper model (free) also did a fantastic Sulaco.

Link to the paper model APC http://aliens.humlak.cz/aliens/aliens_papirove_modely/aliens-apc_gb.html

As always virus scan anything/everything that you download.

Edited by Av8fan

I built the Drop ship a few years back http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234913827-aliens-dropship-and-apc/

I've got the Halcyon APC and Sulaco kits int he stash and would love to get round to continuing the story on from the Dropship dio with the APC Kit and a Vasquez figure :)

• Like 2

• 10 months later...