Revell 1/32 Arado 196 A-3

SHAR67

Hi all

I've been at this since the start of January 2016, she's a mighty fine kit and builds nicely. Anyway here's a few pics enjoy.

DSC04555_zpskpfwjmyi.jpg

DSC04557_zpscadh54it.jpg

DSC04554_zpsmoiezkjr.jpg

DSC04559_zpsbigjop2b.jpg

Happy new year fellas :winkgrin::)

Clive

Edited by SHAR67
  • Like 4

Hi there

thanks for your interest, now to answer your question Matt. The weathering was done using Humbrol maskol dabbed on with a sponge over a silver surface on the model, it was then sprayed with its camo green over the top and left to dry. Once dry the maskol was removed leaving the desired affect you can see on the fuselage, the floats however were one the same but I also used rub n buff silver and pewter. To get the desired affect using the rub n buff I used a cotton ear bud and a paint brush to put the stuff on in the desired place, once this was dry I then used another cotton bud to buff up the polished areas of the floats where desired. The red was done with a paint brush using XF-7 and X-7 this created the look of the top coat of paint still noticeable and glossy but the under paint being the flat XF-7 giving the worn affect and fading. Hope this has answered your question clearly if you have any other questions please ask and I'll do my best to explain, here is a few pics of her as today I didn't get much done as the canopies needed the model to be set up and dry on. I did get some decals on her and I did a couple of touch up paint jobs on her to just to break up the camo look.

DSC04566_zpszhnoyme9.jpg

DSC04567_zpshaw8yx3q.jpg

DSC04569_zpsxhbr4i4c.jpg

She had to sit like this for most of today whilst the canopy set. :confused:

DSC04580_zpsffxm0q0p.jpg

DSC04583_zpspk86hxyy.jpg

That's all for now enjoy :bye:

Clive

Edited by SHAR67
  • Like 3

only just seen this today m8 . im very interested having almost completed my attempt at the revel arado . i am stunned at your work its bloody brilliant . ive not built a plastic kit for many years but have really enjoyed this kit . ive had a bit of a dabble at weathering mine but its my 1st time so dont laugh to much lol if you have a peep at mine would love your opinion .. cheers