Messerschmitt M-35 b, Spanish Civil War, Huma 1/72

JWM

Hi,

My first build in 2016 - a light machine for sport and training militarized during SCW - Messerschmitt M 35 b. Only 15 M-35s were produced, one was sold to Spain. Originally EC-BDB used in Aeroclub of Valencia, became then 30-73. Kit by Huma (1/72) - not very old one, but not perfect as you may think regarding year of issue about 2000. Rather short-run. It has some sunk surfaces. Moreover I shallowed the surface of wings which seemed to me to deep in relief. Decals from drawer following profile published in Wing Palette but originally present in a Dannish web page on airplanes from SCW - very interesting page, BTW http://bioold.science.ku.dk/drnash/model/spain/did.html:)

m35 DSC00152m35 DSC00151m35 DSC00153m35b DSC00155

One more shot - with glasses to show the size

m35 DSC00154

I am not sure about the markings on wings. I posted yesterday a question on this on "Interwar" forum - so if there should be white crosses, black strips or other markings not visible on side profile - please tell me I will correct. Any comments welcome!

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 17

HI Jerzy!!!!

I have seen the Heinkel 45 post and read you have TWO this year,so watched for the first and fortunately for me, here it is!!!

Congratulations for this first build, I have read a little about this plane, and its nice to watch a nicely built kit of this very obscure subject that despite the success obtained winning for Germany three championships has not a sales success. I was wondering if you have also the in line version as this one was the fast of the two but not the most known. BTW this nicely done one was the only military used of the 15 ans BTW looks wonderful in the markings you used for her.

I remember have bidding for some HUMA kits some years ago, and won the Klemm 35, and others from other brand but not this one.Nice watch this nice kit superbly done by you My Friend!!!

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1