Airfix 1/72 Ju87B-1 Stuka - a look in the box

John

Recently arrived direct from Airfix:

ASt1_zpsipnmj0ih.jpg

If you like Stukas, you'll love this! Note the combined cockpit floor and wing spar:

ASt5_zpsw2yf67ki.jpg

More detail of the cockpit floor:

ASt6_zps0styblov.jpg

Main airframe parts:

ASt8_zpspnwqn16r.jpg

ASt7_zpsywj1womd.jpg

B-1 sprue:

ASt3_zpsejqmncp8.jpg

Decals:

ASt2_zpsxkepk3wr.jpg

I haven't debagged the clear bits yet but this page from the instructions illustrates both open and closed canopy options:

ASt9_zpslr36ppjd.jpg

Bear in mind these photos were taken in artificial light with flash.

We will certainly see a B-2 at some point in the future. The tanks for an R are already on the sprue.

Looks superb.

John

• Like 9

*looks around for storage places in the office*

Tried that once got a double whammy when she found out about it.

1) she had blasted me for spending more than the cost of models on some fancy clothing for her when I had spent time in Rome and she was trying to find out exactly how much I had spent and she saw the model shop entry (it was two 1/24th scale Airfix kits)

2) "hiding" the models in the office

Tried that once got a double whammy when she found out about it.

1) she had blasted me for spending more than the cost of models on some fancy clothing for her when I had spent time in Rome and she was trying to find out exactly how much I had spent and she saw the model shop entry (it was two 1/24th scale Airfix kits)

2) "hiding" the models in the office

Another truly excellent reason to build in the One True Scale - 1/72 is way cheaper than 1/24!!!! Literally by an order of magnitude.

And it lends a reason to listen to that old adage, "Pay with cash or do without". My wife also pays close attention to the credit card bills when they arrive, and she calculates to the penny what I spend, each and every month. Except, of course, for those things that I pay for with cash... ;)

Byron

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine yesterday, and I can say that it is truly a beautiful kit. My only issue is that the upper cowl part (B11) looks a bit odd, and I'm not certain is this is a difference between the B-1 and the B-2 series, or if this is something that will require personal attention.

Other than that, simply gorgeous!!!!

Byron