Gloster Meteor F4 1/32nd scale

This is my HK Meteor F4 finished as VT413 of 56 squadron based at RAF Waterbeach in Cambridgeshire circa 1951. The AM bits used were the G-Force undercarriage (expensive but really worthwhile) along with the Brassin wheels, Fisher long chord nacelles to give the right shape at the front end, Profimodeller cockpit PE and Pheon decals. The trolley acc is by Iconicair. After fiddling about with two Tiger Moths for a few months (and not completing them!) this kit was a joy to build. It all went together fairly well with no major issues. I used Mr Paint white aluminium and duraluminium to get the finish that I wanted with Flory dark dirt to weather the plane in places. The sergeant ground crew figure is from the Wings Cockpit range, the pilot is adapted from a WW2 wireless operator, can't quite remember who produced it though.

DSCN9470_zpsazqg8fhf.jpg

DSCN9453_zps68liahca.jpg
DSCN9452_zps3dnuvnnu.jpg
DSCN9426_zpsizoe83fp.jpg
DSCN9406_zpshya8tqcp.jpg
Hope you like it, the next Meteor will be the T7 smile.png .
Max
  • Like 25

Thank you chaps, the build is in the recently finished STGB should you be interested. Lou, the T7 will most probably be the Naval one 20 minutes down the road from me at Yeovilton, though now in a very sad state indeed.

96e9f01ece2f509b218c95161806100e_zps1bqa

Max

Beautiful! I was struck by those two shades of aluminium on the fuselage, very nice touch that - I suppose that is per the real thing - but was that because of different metals or different paints/ varnishes? By the way, the first photo looks so lively, a happy bunch. Love it!

Jay

Thank you Jay. I can't really answer your query about the colours/ metals. Allegedly the aircraft were sprayed "high speed silver" at the production factory so the finish should be uniform, but this great picture was my inspiration and reference:

IMG_0904_zps2ayiay0d.jpg

I may have taken a little "artistic licence" in order to have a plane which wasn't just flat silver, but I do try to rresearch my models rather thoroughly.

Max

• Like 1

Thank you David and Steve, much appreciated. PLC, she had to divert to a small airfield in Dorset, Compton Abbas to be precise. Tricky landing because it's only a grass strip!! :)

Max

Helllo,Max - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Meteor'. I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and also her display setting.The figures really help 'set the scene' and she is a resplendent tribute to both 56Sqn.and the type.All the best,Paul.

Thank you David and Steve, much appreciated. PLC, she had to divert to a small airfield in Dorset, Compton Abbas to be precise. Tricky landing because it's only a grass strip!! :)

Max

I wouldn't like to try and fly it out of Compton either !!!!.

Very,very nice indeed Max.

Excellent touches with it.

Very nice.

Thanks Phil...with just a few slightly less than satisfactory bits, the HK kit is very nice!!

Helllo,Max - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Meteor'. I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and also her display setting.The figures really help 'set the scene' and she is a resplendent tribute to both 56Sqn.and the type.All the best,Paul.

Cheers Paul, I'm glad that you enjoyed my modelling and photographic efforts, it makes it all worthwhile. :)

I wouldn't like to try and fly it out of Compton either !!!!.

Very,very nice indeed Max.

Excellent touches with it.

Agreed, it would be a bit tight Miggers, easier if the wind's in the west perhaps so she'd zoom over the Blackmore Vale and right over my house!!

Max