1/48 - Bell UH-1D Huey & UH-1N Twin Huey by Kitty Hawk - UH-1D & N released - Reskit detailing sets

Homebee

• 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1115814185187432&id=659136667521855

Werner's Wings This is the modernization of the Kitty Hawk UH-1D/H. New APR-39 antennas, new IPS, engine and oil cooler heat shields, toilet bowl exhaust, as well as, new WSPS cutters and forward stroke that got missed on the model but was on the CAD
Aucun texte alternatif disponible.
Aucun texte alternatif disponible.

V.P.

Coming this Friday. TWO NEW UH-1D Decals and THREE resin sets. Developed for the Kitty Hawk UH-1D. More information to follow

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1152918608143656&id=659136667521855

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1155229081245942&id=659136667521855

Werner’s Wings is pleased to release Stock# 48-16 UH-1H Upgrade Set designed to fit the Kitty Hawk 1/48th scale UH-1D Huey kit.

The set offers upgrades that were added to the UH-1D/H after Vietnam. All the parts were designed in CAD by Pete Hamann.

The biggest part of the set is the Improved Particle Separator, which has the correct swirl tube set up and requires no cutting of the kit to mate the part. The APR-39 antenna mounts are included as is the Wire Strike Protections System (WSPS) cutters. While the kit includes the upper we have reengineered it to be thinner and include the lower cutter as well. The modeler will need to add the support struts from either wire or stretched sprue.

Remember when ordering Werner’s Wings also offers Stock# 48-13 UH-1D ARC-102 HF Antenna Mounts, 48-14 UH-1D/H Anti-Strella Set, and 48-15 UH-1D/H Correction Set. Werner’s Wings also has decals available for the UH-1D/H in Vietnam as stock # WW Decals 48-14 Ride of the Valkyries-UH-1D/H in Vietnam.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1155227611246089&id=659136667521855

Werner’s Wings is pleased to release Stock# 48-14 UH-1D/H Anti-Strella Set designed to fit the Kitty Hawk 1/48th scale UH-1D Huey kit.

The set includes four pieces. The Toilet Bowl Exhaust, two engine cowling heat shields and an oil cooler heat shield. These CAD designed pieces are 3D printed so you can be sure they fit the kit.

Remember when ordering Werner’s Wings also offers Stock# 48-13 UH-1D ARC-102 HF Antenna Mounts, 48-15 UH-1D/H Correction Set, and 48-16 UH-1H Upgrade Set. Werner’s Wings also has decals available for the UH-1D/H in Vietnam as stock # WW Decals 48-14 Ride of the Valkyries-UH-1D/H in Vietnam.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Anyone know how well this kit is selling?  The reason I ask is that supposedly KH was going to release a 1/35 UH-1 (my preferred scale) if this kit sold well.  

I'm lucky to have a brick and mortar hobby shop somewhat nearby, in speaking with the owner, he told me that according to his distributor, sales of this kit were pretty bad.   Hoping this is not the case....

Edited by 11bravo

6 hours ago, 11bravo said:

Anyone know how well this kit is selling?  The reason I ask is that supposedly KH was going to release a 1/32 UH-1 (my preferred scale) if this kit sold well.  

I'm lucky to have a brick and mortar hobby shop somewhat nearby, in speaking with the owner, he told me that according to his distributor, sales of this kit were pretty bad.   Hoping this is not the case....

Maybe they shouldn't have messed about and released it in 1:35 like most of us wanted. 

Edited by Julien
language

I've been looking for it and I know others have but nobody seems to have them. Same with Mars Models among others. It's almost as if they don't want to sell them.

Yes, I can buy it on the Interweb but I also like to spend money with people who might spend it with my company and keep me in work.

3 hours ago, Ka-Efka said:

1/48 is it for me as well. But KH's execution prevents me from buying.

Well, then you're gonna love the Revell kit I have to sell :D

I have the KH kit. 44 Euros is not cheap, but the kit is worth it. It's miles ahead of the competition. The decal sheet alone is worth at least a third of the kit price.

Vedran

On 9/4/2017 at 1:43 PM, Ka-Efka said:

It's the best Huey available. But, at least for me Aifix got it right with their Lynx (surface detail) and that's what isn't working for me with the KH Huey.

Watch it, if you bring stuff like that up, you get classified as a "hater".   Unfortunately, it's true.   The surface detail is horrible.   Inverted dimples instead of rivets, panels that are supposed to be flush that instead are a couple of scale inches thick, raised foot well covers, etc, etc.    The excuse was made that it's too difficult to replicate raised rivets in 48th scale, yet somehow Eduard was doing this 5-10 years ago.    The bottom line is that it's certainly the best 48th Huey out there, although that bar is set exceedingly low.  However, it's not even close to the state of the art when compared to other new kits.  It's simply a well researched kit that was let down by poor execution by the manufacturer.   I'm just hoping that if they ever get around to releasing this in 35th (which appears less and less likely), they take the time to correct these issues.  KH has the potential, some of their newer aircraft kits look fantastic.   If they do, we'll have a winner.  

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 00:36, 11bravo said:

some of their newer aircraft kits look fantastic

KH is a difficult subject for me. I sincerely hope they show the potential so many clame they have... I don't see anything fantastic coming from them to date. Only waste of money.

Didn't bring up the Airfix Lynx by chance, as it is the antithesis of any claim like 'this isn't possible in 1/48 scale' brought up relates to the KH Huey.

'Hater' is something difficult to... level(?)... everyone to their liking... but if one is after a (at least somehow) correct rendition of the original KH is not the answer. They produce nice and stylish looking kits, which result in cool results. That's fine. But, that's it. I'll continue watching them. If they evolve I'm happy. If not, no problem for me. There are plenty of manufacturers for anyone's preferences.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Expected in March April 2019 - ref.  KH80158 - Bell UH-1N Twin Huey

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2247961608589446&id=736521713066784

https://www.facebook.com/song.wang.5076/posts/2247822868809659

Schemes +3D renders

49472232.jpg

49513261.jpg

49192785.jpg

49097738.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1