1/48 - Bell UH-1D Huey & UH-1N Twin Huey by Kitty Hawk - UH-1D & N released - Reskit detailing sets

Homebee

A close look at the Kitty Hawk's messages in a chinese forum concerning the future Mirage 2000 kit ( link ) display, in the signature from the KH representative, a Bell UH-1 Huey CAD. Would be quite logical after the 1/48th AH-1Z Viper ( link ) and UH-1Y Venom ( link ) kits isn't it?

Source: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4260567148

UH1.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

I have it on good authority (aka Floyd Werner of Werners Wings) that Kittyhawk will be releasing a few 1:35 choppers over the next couple of years. I'm guessing an AH-1 Cobra or two plus an OH-58 kiowa could be in the pipeline also as he used to fly them. He wouldn't allude to what was coming out only that they were subjects close to his heart. He subtly deterred me away from the old Dragon UH-1 and AH-6 also so looking good for these being of the 1:35 variety, or the correct scale for helicopters in my eyes. Really looking forward to these.

• 6 months later...

Just announced by Floyd Werner on his Werners Wings Facebook page.

Werner's Wings is pleased to officially announce that Kitty Hawk will release a 1/35th scale UH-1D/H. The first issue will be a Vietnam era version. Future releases will include post-Vietnam and foreign Hueys.

Ray Wilhite and myself have been instrumental in the development of the CAD artwork.

What you see here is an early version CAD. Changes have been made. We are almost there.

Christmas for the Little Bird and after Christmas for the Huey. Wonder what could be next?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=807547482680772&id=659136667521855

• Like 1

Thanks for the CAD images.. another one to start planning for .. as the question

Christmas for the Little Bird and after Christmas for the Huey. Wonder what could be next?

Well how about SEAKING!!!!.. or indeed any of the H-3 family in 1/35.. and followed up with a nice HH-53Pave Low....! - Ah I can dream....!

About time we got a accurate long body Huey in any scale.

I'll buy acouple for sure...if they do a 212/UH-1N then they can wipe those Panda/Dragon abominations off the map.

My heart would skip a beat or two for a 1/35 Pave Low...that main rotor arc of thou would be huge in that scale

• 2 weeks later...

Looking really nice, can you confirm that the kit will provide PE seatbelts, not only for the pilot's seats but also for the troop seats in the back?

Really looking forward to the late version UH-1H, for a short amount of time before Blackhawks became prevalent, that was "my ride'.

Any ETA on the release of that version?

3 hours ago, 11bravo said:

Looking really nice, can you confirm that the kit will provide PE seatbelts, not only for the pilot's seats but also for the troop seats in the back?

Really looking forward to the late version UH-1H, for a short amount of time before Blackhawks became prevalent, that was "my ride'.

Any ETA on the release of that version?

No ETA yet. Floyd is trying to get seat belts throughout but it's not confirmed yet so who knows.

21 hours ago, snapper_city said:

No ETA yet. Floyd is trying to get seat belts throughout but it's not confirmed yet so who knows.

Hope he's successful, the kit will really suffer if they don't include a full set of PE belts.  Even the horrible Dragon kit had these (and they were actually quite nice).  

• 2 weeks later...

Might want to hold off on that Viking funeral Colin.

Kittyhawk has dropped this kit from their "Coming Soon" section of the website.  Now replaced with a 48th scale kit.  That's too bad, I have zero interest in helos in that scale.    

They already apparently deleted the CAD's for the MH-6J, now they've dropped the 1/35 scale Huey.   Very disappointed....