1/48 - Bell UH-1D Huey & UH-1N Twin Huey by Kitty Hawk - UH-1D & N released - Reskit detailing sets

Homebee

Full box art - 1/48th  :coolio: - ref.80154 - Bell UH-1D "Huey"

Source: https://www.kittyhawkmodel.com/copy-of-kh50003

Huey.jpg

hi all: this is the latest information.

we will do a large line of 1/48 U S  helicopters.

but i promise a line of 1/35 Huey's & Cobra's in the not to distant future.

Glen

when we drafted Floyd the intention was several 1/35 helo's. we are a very small company. we are hoping that some of the 1/48 kits we have coming

will help pay for the larger molds of 1/35 & 1/32 scale aircraft i want to do.

so please bare with us.

Glen

Source: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/294463-kitty-hawk-135th-scale-huey/&do=findComment&comment=2853595

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Info from Kagnew on ARC forum is "a whole range of 1/48 US helicopters".

Vedran

They were originally going to release a range of US helicopters in 1:35. Very disappointed if they have gone back to 1:48.

Very glad they opted for 1:48.

Never quite understood the scale mix'n'match anyway - if you make something with a 3 at the front then make it 1:32 so it ties in with 1:32 aircraft. It's got to be more sensible (and cheaper) to make a few more 1:32 figures to populate the choppers (and fixed wing) than doing everything in close, but different scales...?

Cheers

Jeffrey

3 hours ago, snapper_city said:

Try finding helicopter pilots or troops in 1:48. Lots of options in 1:35. The 1:48 option is kicking up a lot of fuss on Facebook modelling pages. Lots of unhappy chaps.

The unhappy ones are always the loudest..... 

Kitty Hawks track record of providing anything that dies not provoke an outcry  is infortubstely also well known....

AND:48 is fine for if looking like a Huey!

PS where does the Armour 35th scale come from actually???

44 minutes ago, exdraken said:

The unhappy ones are always the loudest..... 

Kitty Hawks track record of providing anything that dies not provoke an outcry  is infortubstely also well known....

AND:48 is fine for if looking like a Huey!

PS where does the Armour 35th scale come from actually???

I think it's the saying for a long time that it will be one scale then to release another that has hit nerves.

Not 100% but I think Tamiya started 1:35 for armour back in the day and it just became the standard for AFV'S.  No idea how it went across to helicopters. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, snapper_city said:

Not 100% but I think Tamiya started 1:35 for armour back in the day and it just became the standard for AFV'S.  No idea how it went across to helicopters. 

IIRC they wanted to make a 1/32 kit but missed, and then their miss became the new standard scale :D

Vedran

• Like 2

5 hours ago, T7 Models said:

After watching Kong: Skull Island yesterday evening I could be in the market for one of these now.

Me too :thumbsup: would like a decent Huey ! Great  Helo action in that film .

Guy

Edited by F4u

• 3 weeks later...
On 27.4.2017 at 11:54 AM, exdraken said:

:)

I'd need  AB-204 exhaust conversion for an Austrian Huey!

anyone up top that?

That wouldn't help that much as the AB-204 the Bundesheer flew has the original Huey fuselage, based on the short UH-1A/B/C and its variations. The kit represents a long bodied "Slick", a D and/or H model. 

Edited by troschi
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, troschi said:

That wouldn't help that much as the AB-204 the Bundesheer flew is the original Huey, based ob the short fuselage of the UH-1A/B/C and its variation. The kit represents a long bodied "Slick", a D and/or H model. 

You might have a point here! :( Thanks for correction!

Edited by exdraken