harrier retirement

twp1

I'm attempting to make Harrier ZG477 of No.1(F) sqn used in the retirement flight. One question remains unanswered for me. On the actual retirement flight, did ZG477 have the center line weapons pylon fitted? Any pictures I've seen are not that clear. Cheers

Hi there,

I can confirm that it did have the centre line pylon fitted on 15th December 2010.

Good luck with the build, which kit and scale?

Let me know if you need any more info on ZG477, By the way, if you're using the Airfix 1:72nd scale kit and Club Edition decals, note that the clear protective tape on the fin leading edge had not discoloured to yellow in December 2010, the tape having only been applied in November and not having had the chance to discolour. (By contrast, in the RAFM Cosford now, it does look rather sandy yellow! Likewise the canopy in 2010 had a medium sea grey frame and the MDC edging around the sills was white and not yellow as the current canopy on it in Cosford is.)

Cheers

Nick

Thanks Nick. I looked at so many pictures but none showed whether the pylon was fitted or not. Yes, it is the Airfix 1:72 club kit which does show the protective tape on the paint scheme. Thanks for the info on the MDC edging but I don't think my modelling skills stretch to something like that as looking at the clear parts for the kit, the lines aren't thick enough for it. However, do you know if the missile rails carried on that flight were a different colour to the pylon they are fitted to?.