Mirage 5F, Wingman Models, 1:48

Hi all!

just build the new Mirage 5F by Wingman Models. Basic is the Kinetic Mirage III Kit. Fit is not pretty good, its hard work to built ist. Add some Eduard parts, the rest is OOB. Decalsheet offers about 20 options including this one of EC 13 while TAM at Ramstein Air Base 1980. Hope you like it!

TZGXMhkHCB.jpg

o8V736NWAb.jpg

NeaGLzjnVn.jpg

6N0ivGqHZ0.jpg

sWFj0sG3la.jpg

Jbf7BhgtFW.jpg

Wx4RSwvP28.jpg

jBHgSH1VWg.jpg

n2REgPTpK4.jpg

N8SI8BOMvw.jpg

50QhXbjs7k.jpg

VKFrB5zZnU.jpg

TSeuBdoUzk.jpg

DDwKfMLrlB.jpg

3BZe0tUved.jpg

KNz6YbRlgv.jpg

om3u7Z351v.jpg

gOhZ0DWg2n.jpg

dd4yvtGZjc.jpg

Zf3KvJLbca.jpg

ABh87Hx1Sq.jpg

xt9BLV9Zeu.jpg

Al5GI4UbrM.jpg

V8ggBYoULC.jpg

• Like 70

Superb job, well done.

What are those zaps on the rear?

I mean, which unit?

13-PA wore those zapings during the "Tactical Air Meet" at Ramtein Air Base 1980. There zapings of JaboG 32 (both sides), JaboG 33 (only left side) and the Canadian Maple Leaf (right side and fuel tanks). Five Mirage 5F took part on this exercise, numberd A-E. Wingman allowed to built all of them!

• Like 2

13-PA wore those zapings during the "Tactical Air Meet" at Ramtein Air Base 1980. There zapings of JaboG 32 (both sides), JaboG 33 (only left side) and the Canadian Maple Leaf (right side and fuel tanks). Five Mirage 5F took part on this exercise, numberd A-E. Wingman allowed to built all of them!

Hahaha the RCAF strikes again! :D

Fantastic build by the way. Weathering is spot on; used, not abused... the way I like 'em

Edited by ANovaScotian

Hello,Mathy - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Mirage'. I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and commend the subtle weathering.She is a resplendent tribute to the type.All the best,Paul.

very nice Mirage!

how do you rate the Wingman conversion? does it complicate or facilitate things? thinking bout one....

for some reason the 1700 liter wing tanks on your model look a bit straight instead of a bit downward...

very nice Mirage!

how do you rate the Wingman conversion? does it complicate or facilitate things? thinking bout one....

for some reason the 1700 liter wing tanks on your model look a bit straight instead of a bit downward...

I think the Wingman model is a pretty good conversion and the fit of the resin parts is just fine. Further you get a Master metall pitot and a phantastic decalsheet. The problem is the Kinetic Kit itselfe. I have a lot of problems to build it. Especially the two intaktes are really bad. ..

I have to agree with every post in this thread. Another stunning Mirage from you Mathy. You must have quite a collection of Dassault's finest. I particularly love the atmospheric photography and your weathering. Both are spot on.

Superb work, look forward to your next build and your next member of the Mirage family.

Regards,

Zhizhou

Excuse my drooling. Everything about this makes me inspired to bits :yahoo: -That parachute housing! So convincing!

Jay

(Boy... I so wish there was a good modern 72nd Mirage out there)

Edited by Mountain goat