Mirage 5F, Wingman Models, 1:48

Superb build, it looked to me like a wrap around camo scheme in the top few photos then I realised that it had a lighter grey underside, must have been a reflection of some sort!

I really like the weathering and love the attention to detail, with the split flaperons and subtle staining from exhaust ports and vents and the like.

Rich

I have to agree with every post in this thread. Another stunning Mirage from you Mathy. You must have quite a collection of Dassault's finest. I particularly love the atmospheric photography and your weathering. Both are spot on.

Superb work, look forward to your next build and your next member of the Mirage family.

Regards,

Zhizhou

thanks Zhizhou and all others for your comments!

I like the shape of all Mirages very well, but my next model will be a complete other one: The Avro Shackleton AEW.2 by Revell in 1:72...... :police:

• 4 months later...

I know, I already commented on this one - but just having had another look at it, I must say, this is one of the best Mirage models I have ever seen. The only thing that could make it look better would be a Mirage III in Swiss Air Force markings ;-).

Cheers,

Michael

• 5 months later...

Just found this - how did I miss it first time around!

What a superb Mirage 5F (one of my favourite of the Mirage family).

Thanks for sharing Mathy, hope to see some of these in the Mirage GB in 2017.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a question.......since I see you have built two of these Wingman Mirage combo kits. I have just started work on a Mirage IIIEA and am having real problems getting the new resin cockpit coaming to fit neatly under the windscreen. Fortunately, I have not glued anything together yet but with simple dry fitting (and checking the windscreen fit) there appears to be a real issue with clearances under the screen due to a). the thickness of the clear part and b). the protrusion of some of the detail included on the resin coaming. In addition, the instructions are not very clear in this regard - in fact they omit to tell the modeller (in either words or, better still, diagrams) about the need to remove the cockpit coaming on the plastic parts....OK for someone with a bit of experience but not for a relative newcomer (and understanding this is defintely not a kit for a novice). 

Grateful for any insights on the fit issue with these cockpit parts.

Thanks

Mark   

I have a question.......since I see you have built two of these Wingman Mirage combo kits. I have just started work on a Mirage IIIEA and am having real problems getting the new resin cockpit coaming to fit neatly under the windscreen. Fortunately, I have not glued anything together yet but with simple dry fitting (and checking the windscreen fit) there appears to be a real issue with clearances under the screen due to a). the thickness of the clear part and b). the protrusion of some of the detail included on the resin coaming. In addition, the instructions are not very clear in this regard - in fact they omit to tell the modeller (in either words or, better still, diagrams) about the need to remove the cockpit coaming on the plastic parts....OK for someone with a bit of experience but not for a relative newcomer (and understanding this is defintely not a kit for a novice). 

Grateful for any insights on the fit issue with these cockpit parts.

Thanks

Mark   

Moving on......'drama' appears to be over. After a fair bit of fettling and dry fitting over the weekend, I now appear to have got both the cockpit and the coaming to fit nicely AND then get the windscreen to fit over both. I'm also really pleased I kept the Finescale Modeller review for one of these kits too. The reviewer did a really good job of describing his departures from the Kinetic/Wingman construction sequence for items such as the intake tunnels so I appear (so far) to have avoided some of the fit issues others have encountered further into the build. It's still fighting me so there is still some way to go but I'm happier than I was a couple of days ago.  

Master Modeler. (Superb finished model)

Master at Photography. (Scenery/Model/Quality)

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.