'Lost in France.' REPLACED PHOTOS. couple of extras

I'm not really a builder of armour but this has stopped me in my tracks - pardon the pun. It's fascinating to see people like you build ground dioramas so masterfully and I for one could ask a hundred questions about that one. Marvellous...chuffing marvellous.

• Like 2

I'm not really a builder of armour but this has stopped me in my tracks - pardon the pun. It's fascinating to see people like you build ground dioramas so masterfully and I for one could ask a hundred questions about that one. Marvellous...chuffing marvellous.

That's an awful pun, I can't forgive you! Good job it wasn't of a steam train... Chuffing.

All joking aside, thank you. I've seen groundwork in BM that blows MY mind, and even more AFVs, planes, ships, figures etc that are finished to a standard way above that which I can achieve...But I'll get there one day! In the meantime, feel free to ask questions. A lot of what I do in respect of groundwork, is experimental. Modelling has moved on leaps and bounds during my absence. I've been called 'old school' and maybe I am, but if a new product/technique is better than an old one, I'm all for adopting/learning it!

Thanks again.

Badder.

I wasn't entirely happy with the bridge. I'd kinda spoilt what was a reasonable job, everything blending into a bit of a brown mess. So I applied a bit of static grass and some Dil tops to add a bit of green texture. And yes, I've noticed the hair on the milk churn!

DSC00464_zpsoy6cs6ji.jpg

DSC00465_zpsmhzxom9l.jpg

DSC00466_zpshgrx87xn.jpg

DSC00469_zpsq4sckcsl.jpg

DSC00470_zpssec9rp3n.jpg

DSC00468_zps3kinbshh.jpg

DSC00467_zpswtlp461o.jpg

Edited by Badder
  • Like 3

Amazing but i wouldn't worry about the hair to much (it's for his stew!)....Sorry,cheap joke :yahoo:....

Yeah, yeah, from a distance it looks like a rabbit..... :banghead:

• Like 1

Hi Badder

What can I say - a great idea for a story, some great modelling on the tank and figures and a brilliantly executed dio, all beautifully brought together!!

Very, very well done!!

Andrew

Sorry it's late, but thanks Andrew. I did see your comments and appreciated them greatly, but forgot my manners.

Badder.

That really is quite exceptional. The detail, the colouring, the accuracy, well done and thanks for the update.

Thank you Agent. Comments like yours inspire me to continue and improve. Without them, I would stagnate an possibly give up. We all need encouragement, no matter our skill-level.

Sincerely,

Badder.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've bought a second Churchill today, and the Eduard PE set a couple of days ago. I've never done PE before. I have PE for my Nashorn and a late Tiger 1. I will probably attempt the Tiger first as the PE seems a bit easier than that for the Churchill. But one day, in a Galaxy far far away, I may get round to the Churchill and possibly replace the one in this dio.... or should I do a new dio and have 2 churchills? :banghead:

• Like 1

PHEWWWW!  PHOTOS ALL REPLACED, BUT NOT NECESSARILY IN THE RIGHT ORDER. I THINK THERE'S A COUPLE OF EXTRAS IN THERE TOO.

TFL

Badder