Churchill MkVII 1/35th Tamiya REPLACED PHOTOS

Badder

I'VE HAD TO REPLACE ALL OF THE PHOTOS FOR THIS OLD RFI, BECAUSE OF THE PHOTOBUCKET DEBARCLE.

I've left all of the original comments and replies as they were, but obviously the photos no longer pair up.

This was my 2nd ever model after a gap of 35yrs.

IN THE PHOTO DIRECTY BELOW, AND SOME OF THE FOLLOWING, I HAVE PLACED THE CHURCHILL IN MY FIRST DIORAMA, 'SOMEWHERE NEAR VILLERS BOCAGE', PURELY FOR AESTHETIC REASONS. THE ACTUAL DIORAMA IN WHICH THIS CHURCHILL APPEARS IS CALLED 'LOST IN FRANCE' AND IS AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN THE RFI SECTION.

Thanks for looking, all comments positive or negative are welcome.

PHOTOS REPLACED 8.7.17

852713CHURCHILLRFIVB9.jpg

750980CHURCHILLRFI2.jpg

201839CHURCHILLRFI3.jpg

TFL

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 8

Worth saving from the bin.

Thanks Darby. Yes, I'm so glad I persevered. I really enjoyed making the diorama too. My best yet I think. Well....I've only made two!

It's alright that!

Thanks Phil.

I learned a fair bit doing this. I've never used varnishes before, nor layering acrylics and enamels. I used to brush paint, just using enamels. To be honest I tried to make do with satin varnish on this tank and I know in future to use semi- or full gloss.

Oh that bucket on the back, that's brilliant that! Really!! Superb model too, but I love that little story on the back... Adds a whole lot of character

I was going to half fill the bucket with yellow-tinted 'water', (using the same stuff as I made the water-filled ditch in the accompanying diorama) but I ran out.

• Like 1

PHOTOS REPLACED. 9.7.17

AND NOW FOR THE CHURCHILL IN MY NOW NON-EXISTANT 'SOMEWHERE NEAR VILLERS BOCAGE' DIORAMA. I SIMPLY TOOK THE TIGER OUT AND DUMPED THE CHURCHILL AND FARMER IN.

224928CHURCHILLRFIVB1.jpg

673135CHURCHILLRFIVB2.jpg

367882CHURCHILLRFIVB3.jpg

815271CHURCHILLRFIVB4.jpg

TFL

Badder.

MORE PHOTOS TO BE ADDED SOON. 9.7.17

• Like 1

Just now, FrancisGL said:

Looks very nice, a scene very well achieved, I love the amount of details here and there ...:goodjob:, cheers Badder :clap2:

Hi Francis,

Thanks.

The diorama was for a Tiger 1, but I thought it would be nice as a backdrop for the Churchill, so I swapped them over. These are photos I've had to replace thanks to PhotoXucket, so members comments don't necessarily match up. And of course, the original RFI was posted well over a year ago!

Thanks anyway,

Badder.

1 hour ago, Kris B said:

Good work, looks amazing. 

Thanks for the comment Kris,

I wasn't totally happy with the Churchill to be honest... there was a point where I was going to bin it, but I managed to save it. To be honest I now think the first version was better! The dark green dried with a satin varnish which at that time I hated, but now I am thinking a bit of a sheen on a tank IS A GOOD THING!

I swore I'd get another one day, and so a few months later I did buy another and got the PE set for it. It's been sitting in my stash for over a year now but I will be starting it once my current diorama is at an advanced stage.

Rearguards,

Badder

I am trying to find the photo of the bucket.... I know I have one somewhere!

Badder