1/32nd Trumpeter Harrier GR9

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I should have what you need.

Let me give a check at home this evening and I'll let you know.

CIAO!

Piero

P.S.: You are doing a really good job on this GR9. BRAVO!

Fingers crossed, you could be a project saver.

Thanks

Shaun.

Shaun, I've had a look at the remnants of the "Air frame" decals I've got when I did my GR.7 and I've got the complete decals required to do ZG858 along with the stenciling also, just drop me PM if you'd like 'em.

Shaun, I've had a look at the remnants of the "Air frame" decals I've got when I did my GR.7 and I've got the complete decals required to do ZG858 along with the stenciling also, just drop me PM if you'd like 'em.

Looks like it may not be disastrous after all, PM sent. Thanks

Shaun

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have had the tank correction and wheels from me there are a couple of things to do.

On the tanks the nose cone panel line is too far aft,on the A-6 this is fine on a Harrier it needs filling.Discovered at the painting stage!!

The main wheels need the inside rim removing so they fit closer the leg, the Trumpeter wheels are spaced too wide.

Hope this helps

Shaun.

• 1 year later...
On 4/30/2017 at 6:45 AM, Ian said:

Did this ever get finished ??... would be a shame for after all this work not to see it done.

Ian.

No, still in the same position as the last update...I've had a serous run of personal issues and modelling has sort off not been top of the agenda!...Hopefully mojo will return and with a final push i will get it done....someday!

Shaun.. 

• 11 months later...

Well been doing a little more work over the Easter break as feel a little more in the mood. Decals now finished and onto the final weathering before flat coat and finally assembly. Really need to fix the photobucket links and move them to another host.

• Like 1

A few photo uploaded to Flicker, this should work.

Current status of the project.

39503253540_41218d9363_b.jpgHarrier side book by SHAUN BOWMAN-DAVIES, on Flickr

41270318942_1f4c89a708_b.jpgHarrier underside by SHAUN BOWMAN-DAVIES, on Flickr

39503242210_e00055f9e4_b.jpgHarrier tail by SHAUN BOWMAN-DAVIES, on Flickr

41270334002_2547cda36e_b.jpgHarrier book2 by SHAUN BOWMAN-DAVIES, on Flickr

Almost there now, just got to tidy up some of the weathering(underside and add exhaust stains down rear fuselage,+ add some streaks) and onto final flat coat and small detail painting.

Shaun

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Piero said:

Hello Shaun,

happy to see you back with your big Harrier project!!! :yes:

CIAO!

Piero

Thanks for the decals a while ago, the decal disaster I had killed the enthusiasm for build. But got a bit of mojo back lately and it will hopefully push the project to the end?..

Hi Shaun,

Sorry to hear that things have been a bit rough for you, I hope things are on their way up.

Is that the box of stuff I gave/sold you a few years back cunningly crafted together into something which looks more like a Harrier GR9 than a Trumpeter kit built OotB ever could? ;)

We Harrier fans are being spoiled with the work Piero and you are doing just now. I also recognise that book from somewhere... the second of the author's names looks very familiar to me... :idea:  It's mine!

Looking forward to seeing the finished result...

Cheers for now

Nick

6 hours ago, NG899 said:

Hi Shaun,

Sorry to hear that things have been a bit rough for you, I hope things are on their way up.

Is that the box of stuff I gave/sold you a few years back cunningly crafted together into something which looks more like a Harrier GR9 than a Trumpeter kit built OotB ever could? ;)

We Harrier fans are being spoiled with the work Piero and you are doing just now. I also recognise that book from somewhere... the second of the author's names looks very familiar to me... :idea:  It's mine!

Looking forward to seeing the finished result...

Cheers for now

Nick

Hi Nick,

Myself and Peiro must be mad?, your right the Trumpeter Harrier does take a little work to correct!  I'm getting there and hopefully nothing major should prevent me from getting to the finish line this time?!!

Things are a bit better in life, hence me back at the bench and enjoying a little modelling time....

Shaun.