Airfix Bedford MWD 1/48

Plasto

Hi,

I'm currently building the New Bedford MWD.

I've gone for a N African service truck and added some tilt hoops from wire along with a few other home made details.

The kit is ok my copy had a lot of flash and the wheels had soft / missing detail in the hubs. But it's been an ok build.

20A24AB5-81BB-4DAF-8CAA-ADACA31D4339_zps

F2F6AC1E-C0E5-4D5D-AD8D-B99AE9108B4F_zps

I have gone with a Caunter scheme using the Ammo Caunter colours which are ok. I gave the truck a base coat of Khaki then a bit of chipping fluid then the top colours.

I'll chip through the wear in the truck bed and cab.

9C37E329-B97E-4D62-8D07-988349A02AD6_zps

9A503D90-D45B-425E-99D1-77216AC6D207_zps

A36883DF-CFF8-467F-A403-955ABD4AD741_zps

More to do but it's a start.

Cheers

Plasto

• Like 5

Hi,

I have been doing some more work on the Bedford build.

I've painted and weathered the tyres (tires) and added chipping in the load bed and cab and generally around the truck. It's also had a dust coat of buff enamel cut back with thinners and then a filter wash of burnt umber oil paint and I've painted and decaled the Bridging Disc. I'm now working on some tactical markings for it before continuing with the weathering.

The problem is most of the 48th Desert Tactical markings I have are really for units either in the 1st army or units that arrived in theatre in late 41 so a bit late for a Caunter scheme truck. I might give it a fern leaf and go with a NZ Division truck..

4CED93F6-0552-4FB9-876B-E4185FFCBF5E_zps

BD251C4E-9B5C-46F7-81ED-21260A025FF8_zps

Someone really needs to produce a resin driver and passenger figure for it ASAP.. Generic Battle Dress with say an option of tin hat or service cap would cover most options.

I'm thinking about a base and figure for it.

Thanks for looking..

Plasto

Edited by Plasto
  • Like 2

Solid looking Bedford, looks great in that scheme.

I agree with you re; figures, though I did get the Tamiya Dingo driver to fit but would need to alter his arms to reach steering wheel. More marking options would be nice too.

I really like the frame you made. I'd like to be brave enough to try one too.

Dan

The frame is easy.. Just wire I built up the plastic tilt in the kit and used it as a bending jig.

The kit has a couple of options markings wise just nothing suitable for the Desert. I've got some tactical markings left over from the Bandai Daimler A/C so I might use some of these.

Cheers

Plasto

Nice looking Bedford. If I may ask, did you end up using the Warlord decals for it or not?

Any plans to put a couple of Lee-Enfields in that rifle rack? I may have some knocking around if you want them(and I dont keep them for mine :) ).

Hi,

The Bedford is complete and I have put more images up in the 'completed builds' sub forum

MWD%20finished%2024th%20Jan%202016%201%2

Nice looking Bedford. If I may ask, did you end up using the Warlord decals for it or not?

Any plans to put a couple of Lee-Enfields in that rifle rack? I may have some knocking around if you want them(and I dont keep them for mine :) ).

Thanks, I didn't use the Warlord decals I had some left over from my Bandai Armourd car build and used those.

No plans for rifles as I don't have any Drop me a PM if you want to part with some rifles.

Cheers

Plasto.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...