ICM 1/48 MiG-25RBT

Stephen

8 hours ago, ABeck said:

The changes on the Ju 88 are already done! So it will be with the MiG.

Revell have just sold another copy in advance. That's great news indeed. 

C'mon ICM, do an Su-15TM to the same standard. 

Tony

16 hours ago, Muzz said:

I think the only changes Revell will make, if any, will be colour schemes, no new plastic.

9 hours ago, ABeck said:

The changes on the Ju 88 are already done! So it will be with the MiG.

I agree with Muzz. Don't think they will buy the toolings to rework or make their own nose to go with the kit. 

I reckon they will buy the plain plastic from ICM [1-2k pressings(?) Lots of places stock revell rather than icm] and then put them with their own decals in boxes and distribute. 

Thoughts guys? 

1 minute ago, Tony Oliver said:

I agree with Muzz. Don't think they will buy the toolings to rework or make their own nose to go with the kit. 

I reckon they will buy the plain plastic from ICM [1-2k pressings(?) Lots of places stock revell rather than icm] and then put them with their own decals in boxes and distribute. 

Thoughts guys? 

The post by ABeck seems to suggest he has specific information that the new parts are to be produced for the Revell release. If this is the case I wonder if it's ICM or Revell who are responsible?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Muzz said:

The post by ABeck seems to suggest he has specific information that the new parts are to be produced for the Revell release. If this is the case I wonder if it's ICM or Revell who are responsible?

It does seem that way. But the net is full of dirty rumours... 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

It does seem that way. But the net is full of dirty rumours... 

Please, don´t forget to remember me to your note once you will have the Revell re-box in your hands!

Just a further remark. The Revell re-box of the Do 215 NF had the exhaust flame mantlets added which were missing in the original ICM release. I honestly do not know if they are now included in the original ICM boxings.

• Like 1

Just some build tips and observations so far.

1. The horizontal stabilizers have a small nipple to attach them to the fuselage. I'm not sure if this is too much of a problem as all the pics I have seen of the MiG have them in a flat position but you will end up with a butt joint which isn't very secure as it's best to attach them after painting the natural metal fuselage areas.

2. You can install the nose and main gear after the main build is complete. As far as the main gear goes, don't glue the partition pieces (A3 + A4) to the fuselage sides (F7 + F28) as you'll need to gently open the side up very slightly to slide the gear in.

3. The intake and burner fans sit in a groove, but if you cut or sand the edge of the intake/exhaust parts (A12/E14 A13/E15 and F27/F30 F2/F3) you can paint and install the blades after painting.

4. The main wheels attachment is a very sloppy fit, which I haven't got around to solving yet.

5. You can install the completed burner cans after you have built up the fuselage, which makes life a lot easier BUT you will need to reduce the height of a piece of plastic that drops down at the rear of the top fuselage (A9) as this sits on the outside of the burner support (E19). The chute housing (C25/26) hides this area anyway.

Anyway, hope this helps a bit, but I must say, it's still a cracking kit!

Regards, Mark.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony Oliver said:

Who do you work for, or know that works for? 

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

I sell my manpower to the Senat of Berlin (County) for a couple of Euros. Gratefully my employer leaves some time for me to spend it on the most wonderful hobby of the world.

The exhibition modell of the MiG-25 at the Nuremberg Fair was built straight from the box and did not show the upcoming changes, but the Ju 88 A-4 did, regrettably the photos in the net were not too good.

guys, lets hope for the best and Revell (and later ICM ) brings us widely used MiG-25 Recce models...

the current ICM one is far better than I ever dreamed for after the first KH reviews! some version tweaking is still needed to be a perfect, mainstream kit!

fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Tony Oliver said:

I think the humour was lost in the translation. Nevermind mate 👍🏿

So did revell announce the changes at Nuremberg? 

No, they do not announce the changes officially.

5 hours ago, SeaVenom said:

So Revell can correct, add new parts for the Ju 88 and possibly the ICM Mig 25 but they can't accurize their Halifax MkI?

Not shure if the case here, but it is easier to demand changes from your supplier than investing into your own tools....:(

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The kit's intakes are foreshortened.  The compressor faces are about 1/2 the diameter they should be:

assemblies1.jpg

(plus, missing the prominent corrugations, though I don't know if the XMM parts include those 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tony.t said:

The Revell repop is out...

https://www.revell.de/en/products/colors-glue-co/email-color/id/03931.html

Looks like the RBT nose profile might have been changed for the better, incorporating the more prominent Doppler bulge,  but really need to see the parts. 

Tony

Thanks tony!

But I think plastic is the same as ICM.

Ok, the paint profiles depict a real RBT with the bulge.

But on the trees layout and in the instructions, the parts seem to be flat as ICM are.

As you say, we have to wait to see the real plastic to be sure.

Cheers

Romain