Converting a 787-8 to a -9

Alex1978

I recently bought my first Dreamliner as I am planning to do the All Nippon Star Wars Dreamliner.

Now for that task I need to extend the fuselage of the Revell kit.

I got the Braz Models coversion set

_57a_zpsvslbk85z.jpg

Unfortunately it doesn't contain instructions on where the cuts have to be made on the model.

Anyone has some information on where the cuts have to be made ? I am not familiar with the Dreamliner,as I actually do not like this aircraft much...but the Star Wars scheme beat me to it... :blush:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

It appears as though both sections are the same size, so anywhere in front of the wing, and anywhere behind it (as long as you stay in the constant-diameter section of the fuselage) is probably sufficient. Make certain that you get the window spacing correct when you make the cuts.

• Like 1

It appears as though both sections are the same size, so anywhere in front of the wing, and anywhere behind it (as long as you stay in the constant-diameter section of the fuselage) is probably sufficient. Make certain that you get the window spacing correct when you make the cuts.

Thank you.I will take care of that matter.

Alex

Hi

i usually make my cuts just behind the windows at the front before the second door and just in front of the 4 windows on their own at the back i have never used the Braz Conversion i usually extend mine with some plastic pipe plugs then fill the gaps with body filler

i think if you cut where i describe there is an engraved line on the fuselage you can use so you cut straight

Richard

• Like 1

Hi

i usually make my cuts just behind the windows at the front before the second door and just in front of the 4 windows on their own at the back i have never used the Braz Conversion i usually extend mine with some plastic pipe plugs then fill the gaps with body filler

i think if you cut where i describe there is an engraved line on the fuselage you can use so you cut straight

Richard

Thank you very much for this explanation