Aussie Eight #1 done, Aussie Eight #2 New! Eduard Spitfire VIII productionline, with added Airfix Spitfire XII

19 hours ago, Paramedic said:

Don´t think I have seen these builds of yours..? They look real nice though! :)

Reminds me I need to build another Eduard Spit soon.. Skipped the Aussie Eight, got Victory Productions with enough Aces´decals.. But I have a shedload of plastics..

Which paints did you use again?

Tobias, you're looking in the wrong places in other places ;) ( paramedic and I are also members om a Swedish forum in case you wonder what we're talking about)

I'm mainly using Gunze paints, since I like how they behave and small and esse of cleaning. Will be using MrPaint when needed, but also Xtracrylix since I trust their shades.

Looking forward to more of your Victory Spits later on :)

Edited by Christer A

I guess I do.. :)

I bought the Gunze acrylics for Australian Boomerangs, Spitfires etc the other year.. Not got around to try them yet.. Want to replace some with MRP but I won´t rush it... ;)

I am tempted to start on Dick Audet´s Mk. IXe.......

• 2 months later...

With new year safely behind us, it's time to finish these

26173434_10208007081293553_6815838920818

(sorry for the crappy facebook-photo)

Some weathering here and there, and then all the sticky out bits and we're done.

It should not take long....

(oh but it will...)

• Like 2

Some progress to report!

The XII has recieved a little wash:

38804252014_438cc8b7d2_o.jpg

And both marks have been subjected to oil streaks!

26195299_10208008092358829_5209988395218

Not too much to do now in the XII but a satin coat, so I went ahead and did that.

But then, Disaster struck!

:worry::brokenheart:

24645071277_8c4a875153_o.jpg

Something in that coat reacted BADLY!

I wonder if it was the Micro Sol/Set that had dried in to the decal, or the fact that I sprayd Xtracrylix Satin at +2ºC on the balcony?

I'll ponder that for a while, and going nuts with a little whif attack version of draken (Planned during 1970:s, but never build since swedish airfoce got the Gripen instead)

39499385041_806a3e2cf4_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Bummer about the satin coat, it looks a little like when a matt coat goes powdery. If you have one of those mult-grit polishing sticks, you can use the finest grades with no pressure and remove it. I had to do it with bad matt coat a while back and it worked out alright.

The whif Draken is very cool!

• Like 1

I made a quick test with brushing on some old Future/Pledge/Johnsson floor polish and all white marks dissappeared.

Whew!

Just as a precaution I then duly ordered some new varnishes, both semi matt and semi gloss from MrPaint.

I will wait to flatcoat the VIII until that has arrived.

Edited by Christer A
  • Like 3

This weekend I finally got round to spraying some MrPaint Semi Matt.

The result can be found here, in RFI

I should get cracking on the VIII next, but with this cold weather that we're currently enjoying it's a bit hard o go out on the balcony to spray...

Normal operations should resume once the temperature goes up a little....

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...