1/144 monarch airlines

• 3 weeks later...

Dave would you happen to have a picture of your monarch using these colours if you still have it ?

Sorry I couldn't reply, but I had a couple of trips to my local eye hospital for eye injections etc. Haven't been able to use the computer, let alone do any modelling. The Monarch is only part painted -white and yellow so far, but I'm hoping to crack on shortly.

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hi guys it's been a while but my monarch is nearly done just need to add some more decals.

as its my first model I realised and learnt a few things one is that hand painting a curve is very hard I still think it came out pretty good and pretty pleased with it but I'm quite s perfectionist so I've ordered s zvezda a320 and want to give it another crack but with the spray paint is there any chance anyone could do me a template or mask to fit on my a320 for my new monarch as I struggled a lot with it last time.

It would really help me out

Thanks

Jackson

• Like 1

Hi guys it's been a while but my monarch is nearly done just need to add some more decals.

as its my first model I realised and learnt a few things one is that hand painting a curve is very hard I still think it came out pretty good and pretty pleased with it but I'm quite s perfectionist so I've ordered s zvezda a320 and want to give it another crack but with the spray paint is there any chance anyone could do me a template or mask to fit on my a320 for my new monarch as I struggled a lot with it last time.

Thanks

Jackson

Check out the new Tamiya Curvy masking tape, I tried it on a recent build and found it very good, and very easy to use.

Thanks

Jackson

Do you have any pictures yet Jackson, interested to see how it turned out

• 4 weeks later...

Klear floor Polish is good

Agreed. It's best applied with a good-quality flat brush, around 1/4" in size. I've also had good results applying it with a cotton swab. Don't try to airbrush it. If you've never used Klear before I strongly advise that you practise on an old model first. It's a fairly forgiving medium but it can go wrong and if it does you have a problem. As always two thin coats are better than one thick one. I usually leave 24 hours between coats and rub down very lightly with 3600 grade Micromesh before applying the second one.