1/144 monarch airlines

Hi all,

So I'm new to 1/144 civil aircraft, I did a lot of 1/144 and 1/72 with military aircraft but I fancied a change.

My favourite airline is probably monarch as I flew a lot with them and the new livery is by far my favourite, I want to do an a320 and a330 but my problem is that I'm unsure on the correct paint colours and where to get the decals from

Any ideas and tips would be helpful

Jackson

Is the zvezda kit better than the revell ?

Way better. Another planet.

And is there only the old scheme decals ?

I'm not too familiar with Monarch liveries. I'm pretty sure there are others as well

463-fm10001.jpg

Is there any conversion kits for the airbus a330-300 to a 200 ?

There is no conversion kit as such. BraZ Models make various bits including old and new -200 fins and alternative engines should these be required. Otherwise the conversion is straightforward once you've cut down the fuselage. Here is a thread showing how it's done.

As a regular Monarch passenger and modeller, I know that RichW does their A330 in the final scheme, as well as the A320 in the yellow tail with 'Monarch.co.uk' titles, and the A321 in the current scheme with just the 'Monarch' titles.

His decals are more of a sideline that he does, so give him a bit of time to answer.

He can also be found on Facebook - RichWs Nodel Airliner decals

https://www.facebook.com/groups/600722766625039/?ref=bookmarks

The best paint match I've found is 'Rustoleum Painters Touch' Indigo that I bought in Homebase (B&Q also stock them). It is a craft/model paint and costs £2, I recall.

For the yellow, Humbrol 69 enamel rings a bell.

Dave

This is a picture of the A320 using my decals built by Al Lees I can do you this decal with the monarch titles as they are now or as in the Picture " Monarch.co.uk"

Monarch%20A320_zpsht2u4cci.jpg

The A330-200 built by someone else i cannot remember his name

A332-Monarch1_zpsgojydlih.jpg

A332-Monarch_zpsavctreta.jpg

i have sent you a P.M. with the prices on

Richard

Edited by RICHW
  • Like 1

Hi Jackson

Al Lees who built the model of the A320 told me he used Tamiya TS 34 Camel Yellow and Halfords ford Midnight Blue for his model hope this helps Humbrol 15 looks quite a good match for the blue too

Richard

Ahh ok well I've got the blue, I got painters touch indigo blue as I thought that looked a good match but I was unsure on wether to use humbrol 69 yellow or Tamiya camel yellow I may have to buy both to see which looks the best but thanks for the mention rich

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Modelcraft-2-Rolls-2mm-Wide-x-18m-Long-Modellers-Masking-Tape-1st-Class-Post-/171645552194?hash=item27f6df4642:g:lxkAAOSw2s1Uuh1L

follow the above link above , i use this really narrow tape when i want to paint a curve as you can shape it easily look on ebay there is lots on there hope it helps

Richard