1/72 Revell Eurofighter Typhoon - COMPLETE

Pin

Oh, I was just watching the telly on BBC 'catch up' about Britain's finest pilots or something, they did a bit about the Typhoon display pilot. Blow me down if it pops up on here and your modelling it!

I must have a bash at one of these. The Revell kit looks quite nice (although some have maligned it, it's a bit of a tricky one apparently?)

I like your additional plumbing. How much of the seat is kit/your own work?

Nice work.

Great build, that pit looks the' dogs do dahs' did you have any fit problems, others have asked about the canopy fit, what should we look out for.

Looking forward to seeing finished.

Cheers

Jim

How is the canopy fit for you? On all the Revell Eurofighters I have built the fit has been abysmal

I'm going to open the canopy so I haven't even tried. Unmovable part fits OK.

All the decals are appied - washing

1452447444_PICT0636.jpg

1452447453_PICT0637.jpg

Washing done - a coat of satin varnish

1452447459_PICT0638.jpg

Installing legware

1452447474_PICT0639.jpg

• Like 3

I must have a bash at one of these. The Revell kit looks quite nice (although some have maligned it, it's a bit of a tricky one apparently?)

I was the best when it was out but the forms now show their age and the quality of moulding is not the best either. If I was about to build Typhoon now I would rather choose Hasegawa

I like your additional plumbing. How much of the seat is kit/your own work?

This is mostly Eduard photo-etch

Nice work.

Thank you :)

• Like 2

Beautiful model, I like to see our Xtradecals put to good use, but can I mention one small point. The canards on a parked Typhoon in all the photos I have seen tilt forwards, traling edge high. This is engraved on my heart because photos taken on the ground never show the undersurface which is why we missed the eagle heads underneath and had to print them as a correction. They became apparent from photos taken from the ground of the Typhoon in flight.

And a final mention, we have added RAL3003 Ruby Red to our Xtracrylix paint range specially for this Typhoon.

David Hannant

Thank you!

David, the canards are not fixed (they are not even glued) so it is just happened that they are in this odd position.

Were you that gentlemen who recommended me this decal sheet in Telford when I was about to buy D-Day commemorative scheme with invasion stripes?

I must say that I'm extremely pleased with the decal - it is of the highest quality and I'm thinking of buying more Typhoons and Tornadoes to use all the schemes - thank you, Sir!

In a mean time

- printed ASRAAM outline and fins in scale

1452893743_PICT0672.jpg

Office paper soaked in liquid super glue becomes rigid and loses paper texture, remaining thin and cutable

1452893748_PICT0673.jpg

Sprue leftovers with appropriate diameter ...

1452893752_PICT0674.jpg

becomes two missile bodies

1452893756_PICT0675.jpg

Fins attached - sorry about the focus

1452893762_PICT0676.jpg

and primed

1452894057_PICT0677.jpg

• Like 6