Newark Air Museum News 2016

NAM Updater

As with previous years I thought I’d create a new Newark Air Museum News thread to use for short updates and news snippets from eastern Nottinghamshire.

As with the previous thread as the year progresses details of museum activities will be updated in here!

This could include such things as the Indoor Aeroboot / Aerojumble Table Top Sale – 5 March 2016; etc. and other event news, which can also be found in here!

Many thanks to those people who have visited the museum in 2015 and we hope to see you again this year and a Happy New Year to you all.

Could a Moderator please lock the previous Miscellaneous Newark Air Museum News thread?

Whilst the museum is closed today (1 January) we’re back open at 10am tomorrow, Saturday 2 January 2016.

I travel back and forth up the A1 to visit relatives. I would rather stop at Newark for a break than pay through the nose at some 'services' chain.

Good museum, you get to stretch your legs, free parking, good cafe and good model shop. It's a win - win as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the kind words and support gents.

2016 is going to be another big year for the museum, as we are about to start another big part of the development of our Southfield Site. This is land that the museum owns and while a bit boring the new waste treatment system is a vital part of our long-term infrastructure.

This work should be quickly followed by a new café & toilets, which will improve those ‘stop-off’ visits even more.

We look forward to more visits & shopping outings in 2016, which will help to #getusbuilding

Edited by NAM Updater

Please be aware that on Monday 8th February we are having some repair work carried out on the car parking area just outside the site entrance – more details in here!

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience!

Also, first BBMF flypasts confirmed for our 2016 events – Hurricane & Dakota at the Tribute to the V-Force event on 21 & 22 May.

A fresh update (revised aircraft listings) has just been added to the museum website for the forthcoming half-term school holiday week (Sat 13th to Sun 21st February, inclusive) – more details in here!

Also please be aware of some possible access issues tomorrow regarding the Airfield Anarchy Frostbite event – more information in here!

There's one finishing this afternoon (end of half-term holiday week) - Varsity & Canberra B(I)8 are on offer today.

Jaguar T2A may be open in April sometime (local BBC Radio promotion event) - sadly it's a work in progress project and the cockpit is not complete. Jaguar G1A cockpit in Hangar 1 is open fairly regularly.

The Viggen cockpit has been open several times this half-term week - viewing / photography only is the norm for this UK rarity!

On Sunday 6th March we are hosting a commemorative event to mark the 75th anniversary of the Luftwaffe attack on the Ransome & Marles bearing factory in Newark on Trent.

Quick Guide Information can be found in here! #namRandM75thanniv

Some updates have also been made about the Indoor Aeroboot / Aerojumble that takes place on Saturday 5th March. #Aeroboot

Final mention for the Indoor Aeroboot / Aerojumble on Saturday 5th March, relevant info here!

Also on Sunday 6th March there’s the Ransome & Marles Commemoration event relevant info here!

Last but not least we’re offering a free opportunity to work on an Avro airframe restoration. This starts in early April on our Shackleton volunteering info in here!

#WR977PaintingTeam