1/72 - Eurofighter/Typhoon (new tool) by Revell - released

Homebee

Revell is to release in November 2016 a new tool (simplified new kit) 1/72nd Eurofighter/Typhoon kit - ref. 03952
Source: http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/revell-neuheiten-2016/2016/

QuoteQuote

168119701.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03952 Eurofighter Typhoon, 1:72
Der Eurofighter Typhoon ist ein hochmodernes Mehrzweckkampfflugzeug, das in vielen europäischen Luftwaffen im Einsatz ist. Der einsitzige Jet kann bis zu zweifacher Schallgeschwindigkeit fliegen und dabei eine Vielzahl verschiedener Waffen tragen.
Bausatz für den Gelegenheitsbastler mit einer Decal-Version (D), einfaches Kleben und Bemalen
Basis: New Tool
release: 11/2016

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

New tool? If they mean updated parts for an fgr4 and the badly fitting cockpit/spine/airbrake is fixed then bring this on

Wholeheartedly agree :thumbsup2:

And do something about the air intakes that are just a big hole on the Revell kit.

Interesting info Homebee

Cheers, Ian

Edited by ian buick

Thats because its an easy kit rather than a mainstream kits !!!

03 952 Euro Fighter Typhoon, 1:72
The Euro Fighter Typhoon is an advanced multi-role combat aircraft, which is in many European air forces. The single-seat jet can fly up to double speed of sound while carrying a variety of weapons.
Kit for the occasional hobbyist with a decal Version (D), simple gluing and painting

Base: New Tool
11/2016

• 3 weeks later...

So, now it`s release is getting flagged-up on the online stores, is there any more info available about it`s contents?

Inquisitively :)

Ian

Edit- A price of £17.99 attached on the UK site I saw.

Edited by ian buick

Wrong picture FYI:

168119701.png

968976612.png

Am intrigued by the Typhoon batch 3 boxing in 1/72. Might this be an update of the basic 1/72 kit (hopefully they've done something about the increasingly opaque front windscreen!) with the CFT connection points on the rear fuselage and the full set of pylons and targeting pod? And is the 1/48th kit a re-release of the now hard to get 1/48 single seater?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Paul

I'm in the process of building 2 Eurofighters to accommodate some nice Xtradecals, and I can say that the molds appear to have deteriorated pretty badly for a kit that really isn't that old. I've built 5 prior to these 2, back when the Revell 4317 boxing was first released. The newer purchases have lots of flash, even on the clear bits, the fit seems to have gotten rather worse, and in general they just seem to have declined badly. Maybe that is why they are feeling the need for a new mold? If they weren't a third of the price of the Hasegawa kit, I wouldn't even consider them any longer.

I have the Revell kit in my stash but it's always looked a bit tricky; mating surfaces are a bit undefined in places and detail is quite soft in areas. My kit is at least 8 years old and that already has quite some flash. The clear parts especially are terrible. Then again it is less than half the price of the Hasegawa kit.

I'm not at all convinced this kit will be a snap-tite or easy-build kit. The original german text leaves much to the interpretation; identical descriptions are used for other kits which are clearly reissues of existing, normal kits. As with the new Spitfire, I'm hoping for a normal, modern tooling.

I would not count much on entirely new tooling unless it is an "easy build". On a very competitive market with Hasegawa, HobbyBoss, Airfix and Italeri offerings the return of investments for producing entirely new model may be prohibitive.

At a RRP of £17.99, I would hope it's not an easy build, but a nice new tool.

Getting close to the price I was paying for the Hasegawa Typhoon from HLJ.com

I have to agree with the comments on the quality of the Revell mould.

Having made RoG Typhoon kits since they were released there has been a noticeable recent decline. Not just more flash, which I can accept, but in quality also, such as warping and surface scaring, and detail elimination, all of which is harder to ignore.

Hopefully, along with sprucing-up the mould (or even replacing it) there will be an extra sprue of goodies to truly allow a later Typhoon to be built without heavy raiding of the spares box, plastic sheet, and increasing amounts of filler. I suspect this may be the intention of RoG, let`s hope they succeed.

Cheers, Ian

PS- I would agree with Rob and hope that the £17.99 price tag is evidence of a new tool, especially compared to the current RoG Typhoon`s cost of around 13-14 quid.

Apart from the confirmation that this is not an `Easy Kit` release, I`m struggling to spot what`s `new` so far from these pics.

This prototype looks (at first glance) like the existing Typhoon kit, warts and all.

Even a blemish on the aft fuselage similar to that which I sand from current RoG Typhoons is there.

I`m still guessing an extra sprue may make the final release to justify a four quid price hike over the existing kit, but who knows. :shrug:

I`m thus far, underwhelmed.

But am still willing to be `whelmed` if RoG pulls a rabbit out of their hat, an` that. :whistle:

Cheers, Ian

• Like 2

Agree, looks the same, if is meant to be a new tool tranche 3 example it's missing an obvious feature, maybe it's just the same kit reenginered so it actually fits ok, has intake trunking and isn't a pita to build EDIT just seen the parts count 90 less than the old one, it's an easy kit

Edited by PhantomBigStu