Airframe D.H.34 help required

JOCKNEY

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas, and are looking forward to Hogmanay!

I am hoping to build the kit below, it is to be kind very basis, so wanted some advice on sourcing strutts and decals and also any reference photos.

imagejpg2_zps1573586b.jpg

Any help guidance or commiserations gratefully received !

I'm going to do this as part of the BM airliner Group Build, so hope to see plenty more "old timers" getting built.

Kind regards Pat

• Like 1

Struts - AeroclubTalk to JohnGood choice, by the way. I'm planning something similar so it looks like this GB is not going to be "tubes with two engines under wings on pylons"

Thanks very much Pin, I've PM'd him so better wait for him to come back to me in case he thinks he got a stalker for Christmas rather than a stocking !

Cheers Pat

You can also make the struts out of bamboo cooking skewers. Cut them to length, trim and sand to shape, and give them a nice coat of varnish. You can insert little sections of wire in the ends to pin them in place.

As far as I know, Instone used white lettering against royal blue background. White Letraset letters would probably work, or individual white letters which also used to be available from Aeroclub.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update, John (Aeroclub) came up trumps with struts, metal wheels, engine prop etc, all of which look the business

Whilst surfing I found the picture below, in case anyone else has one of these to build

image.jpg3_zpsmk5gump2.jpg

I've seen a few of these built, all of which were a darker blue than this, any idea what colour of blue is correct ?

image.jpg1_zpszrb7j8lx.jpg

The above I'm planning to use as my build plan, the original instructions being a little basic

image.jpg2_zps4yhr8mld.jpg

Finally the interior, Lloyd Loom chairs, which I have to say don't look the most comfy, and what appears to be wood paneling on the inside, and last but not least curtains !

How long is the GB again.......

Thanks Chris

I see that one is Daimler Airlines, I had heard of Daimler Airlines but hadn't realised they were painted red.

I was going to build the Instone Airlines one, likely the City of NewYork aircraft.

Thanks very much for the info.

Cheers Pat