1/72 Airframe Short S.20 Mercury

Pin

Come on Alexey, let's be having none of this defeatist talk please :fight:

Now roll up your sleeves get right back in there and show the damn thing who's boss :mg:

No pressure but we are all waiting on the immaculately finished final photos :popcorn:

cheers Pat :wicked:

Where do you see talks of defeat, Pat? ;)

I wanted to finish it today but I was pointed that on last week shots the floats are way too wide - compare 

PICT1001.JPG with  PICT1006.JPG

so I had to redo the struts that has thrown me back a bit.

• Like 4

Grand Finale of the first part of Mayo Composite saga.

IMG_1528.JPGIMG_1529.JPGIMG_1530.JPGIMG_1531.JPGIMG_1532.JPGIMG_1534.JPGIMG_1540.JPGIMG_1541.JPGIMG_1542.JPGIMG_1543.JPGIMG_1544.JPGIMG_1545.JPGIMG_1546.JPGIMG_1547.JPGIMG_1548.JPGIMG_1549.JPGIMG_1550.JPGIMG_1551.JPGIMG_1552.JPGIMG_1553.JPGIMG_1554.JPGIMG_1555.JPGIMG_1556.JPGIMG_1557.JPGIMG_1558.JPGIMG_1559.JPG

I really don't like "the face" - it is just wrong and not very well executed either. I will definitely redo the cockpit glazing when Maya will be at its final stages but I'm leaving it as it is for a time being

In a meantime - I symbolically laid Maia

PICT1031.JPG

I will be using etched parts for Sunderland, I also plan to use some parts from S-23 as guidelines

PICT1032.JPGPICT1033.JPGPICT1034.JPG

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, John_W said:

I wondered if you would be going for the full composite

Yep, the plan is to build Maia either in "British" or "Radial" or "Prototype" or "Boat" GB of 2017 and then marry them together in KUTA :)

• Like 6

Brilliant work Alexey :thumbsup:.

All of the sanding, filling, more sanding, filing, scribing, riveting....it has paid off.

Incredible tenacity. I was wondering about the cockpit glazing. I think it looks fine, but after all the work getting it so detailed, I thought you may revise that area.

The vac-form Maia looks like it is ready to pose more challenges. You will manage it; the result is going to be a very rarely seen, and in terms of your build, an uniquely detailed composite.

Very much looking forward to the rest of this build :).

All the best

TonyT