1/144 Scale AW Argosy

jaw

I keep hearing rumours that you are going to produce a 1/144 scale kit of the RAF's A W Argosy transport aircraft. I hope that this is true?

Thanks,

John

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lovely! As the Argossy begins to materialise - may I suggest next subject? HP Hastings would be a welcome addition to your range. There is an excellent Warpaint book available too. :)

Regards, Marek

I was just thinking earlier today that I need an HP Hastings in my life and that no better place to suggest one than this thread... I log on to do just that and see I've been beaten to it! Great minds etc.

You'd sell at least two to me. Can I suggest a Far East 48 Squadron scheme if you do a Hastings.

In danger of digression, but on that point is there any chance the Argosy will come with a 215 Squadron scheme? Changi-based.

Very excited by this.

• Like 1

In danger of digression, but on that point is there any chance the Argosy will come with a 215 Squadron scheme? Changi-based.

Very excited by this.

Ah Changi! When I was there (late 60's) the parking pan was on one side of the road, the runway the other, and the taxi way crossed the road. If we were lucky, the yellow top taxi's would stop for the aircraft!

Those were the days!

Yes please, another one for the Hastings here. The Argosy will go down nicely too (and the Beverley).

Ray

I was just thinking earlier today that I need an HP Hastings in my life and that no better place to suggest one than this thread... I log on to do just that and see I've been beaten to it! Great minds etc.

You'd sell at least two to me. Can I suggest a Far East 48 Squadron scheme if you do a Hastings.

Very excited by this.

We are ready to make that color. Can I count on your help?

That's all I have, only rock painting. Unlikely to get a model. Need help...

Internet gives nothing

http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/craft/hastings/hastings-1.gif

Is there anything in this edition of the drawings? Worth buying?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Warpaint-Series-No-62-Handley-Page-Hastings-24-Pages-Book-/381544188993?hash=item58d5ce4c41:m:mpUHoRouEnZwoYoPdqJmSFA

Handley Page Hastings, Warpaint Series No. 62

We are ready to make that color. Can I count on your help?

Of course - just let me know what you want me to do or what you need. More than happy to get involved. PM me with what you think you need.

I would think the Warpaint guide is useful and will have a three view drawing, although probably a 2 page centrefold profile (based on the others in the series I have) rather than a line drawing/blueprint. Failing that, the August 2004 edition of Aeroplane Magazine has line drawings of the Hastings. I've not seen these so can't vouch for their usefulness.

Edited by ajmm
  • Like 1

Is there anything in this edition of the drawings? Worth buying?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Warpaint-Series-No-62-Handley-Page-Hastings-24-Pages-Book-/381544188993?hash=item58d5ce4c41:m:mpUHoRouEnZwoYoPdqJmSFA

Handley Page Hastings, Warpaint Series No. 62

Definitely. It is the same style as Argossy Warpaint. I have both books on my shelf.

Regards, Marek

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well done Micro Mir! The Argosy looks splendid. When do you think it might be available? And a Hasting as well - how wonderful - thank you!

John

• Like 1

• 1 month later...