BoB Collection

Phil32

Seeing the Skua mentioned makes me think Swordfish. Not a direct BoB participant but nonetheless an aircraft that would have been very prominent in the Kreigsmarines planning during the period.

Valom - vacform kits iirc?

I think one of the FAA squadrons in the BoB order flew Fulmars. Airfix and Revell do a rebox of a Smer kit (I think) which is quite nice and looks accurate while there is a also a Special Hobby kit which is probably better detailed. They may also have flown Martlets toward the end of the Battle but someone more expert will confirm.

What about Sea Rescue planes like the Do 18, Do 24 or Heinkel He 59?

I've also been thinking of a long-project to build all the planes that flew in the BoB- can anyone advise the best 1:72 kits for the above mentioned sea planes?

I think the FW200's were used for long-range maritime reconnaissance and anti-shipping operations, but all the available kits that I know of (the Revell and Trumpeter releases) are for later versions with the power-operated dorsal turret.

The Special Hobby Fulmar is a lovely looking kit, though I've yet to get started on mine, I've also seen some very nice builds of the ex-Vista kit released by Smer, Revell and Airfix - the Smer version can still be had for a princely fiver here.

There was one FAA squadron working up on Martlet I's who claimed a Ju88 shot down off the Shetlands or Orkney I think, AZ make a kit of it here.

Cheers,

Stew