Captured Luftwaffe Aircraft

GordonM

Is there a decent book that covers the aircraft flown by Enemy Aircraft Flight? I'm specifically interested in their time at Duxford and Wittering. I know there's the book about Winkle Brown's flying, but most of that seems to be post war. Ideally I'd like something with plenty of photos to use as reference!

Three that spring to mind, none of which just cover the Enemy Aircraft Fligh.

The first was Kenneth West's The Captive Luftwaffe, published by Putnam in the 70s.

Later were two books by Phil Butler, War Prizes and War Prizes:The Album - the latter was a softback picture album released 10 years after the original. The original covers the EAF as well as all the other users of captive aircraft, including the US and other allied air forces.

None are comprehensive in terms of photos, as they generally just give a single photo of each example. If I was getting one for the history, I'd get War Prizes. You actually might find more photos online (The IWM archive has many for example)

Online, the Luftwaffe Research Group has a couple of sub-forums covering these units, and is the spiritual successor of the old Luftwaffe Experten forum, which had asimilar:

http://www.luftwaffe-research-group.org/index.php