Fiat 806 -"Gangshow"- build album.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but, it looks like the real thing that, was just unearthed!! Andi, it looks like you spent the summer hanging out with the armor and diorama guys. This is certainly your vision coming to life! Great work so far and I can't wait to see it in its natural habitat.

• Like 1

Andi the Master of Weathering and Patina... fantastic really. :clap::worthy::cheers:

Olivier, thank you for your remark on the meph floor. currently i am completely redoing the engine ...

Edited by sharknose156
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Blimey Andi.....That's some genuinely amazing weathering, the green algae at the panel edges and joints is a lovely touch, absolutely spot on!  :thumbsup:

How will you be displaying the finished model?  :shrug:

I agree Andi; that touch of algae is the work of a genius...Looks like my daily driver now! That would last about 5 minutes in our house before the missus attacked it with the Mr. Sheen! ;-)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Olivier de St Raph said:

A question: did you make the trestles or, if not, where did you find them?

......................... They're just coffee stirrers laminated and chopped up into "trestle" shapes. I probably get way too much of a kick out of doing silly stuff like that?? - They're not supposed to be proper models or anything but I just thought they would make more of a sympathetic prop for display purposes ... same with the "steps" that you see appearing between them on occasion.

.................. And THANKS everyone for all your generous replies and comments ... the support and enthusiasm does help to keep one motivated

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Little Andi said:

Here you go then Olivier .... perhaps a bit premature? But some close ups of the engine and its installation ..............................

....quite simply the best model I've seen on all the forums I frequent. A master class (please can we have a class!!) on weathering.

• Like 3

41%20Etape%2012_zpsuhulmft1.jpg

Hello to all,

difficult to put photos after Andi's one... My 12th step is over, still problems to resolve at every step. On the 12th step, there is a mistake about the PVC tubes: you must use the C one and not the B as written on the instructions sheet. Anyway, I did not use the C which is bright and used mat electric sleeve. 116, 117 and 118D and 103C were painted silver with SM01 Super Metallic. Other problem, the pin is touching a lot 118D, so the rod is not straight (see photo). I made a correction on the pin to decrease the contact, but it's not perfect. Grrr...

Olivier

On 27/09/2016 at 3:58 PM, caterhamnut said:

....quite simply the best model I've seen on all the forums I frequent. A master class (please can we have a class!!) on weathering.

Take a look in the AFV section, you'll find some superb examples including tutorials.  :coolio:

But if Andi fancies adding another one in here, I'd certainly love to see it!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Take a look in the AFV section, you'll find some superb examples including tutorials.  :coolio:

But if Andi fancies adding another one in here, I'd certainly love to see it!  :thumbsup:

Guys - et al, ................. I'm flattered by your appreciations but must say the likelihood of me doing a weathering tutorial is well ... highly unlikely.  I don't at all work like the Armour modellers etc - I rarely use a pre-set sequence of products or procedures, while my natural style is more one of just fudging around till I get the effect I want.

Equally, a lot of the products I use are more Fine Art based materials, not for any reason of superiority or excellence (although they by nature do tend to be a very fine product and often highly intense) ... but rather more because this is what I have laying around and available to hand. In fact, to be quite honest I try to watch those tutorials and end up getting terribly frustrated with them, finding them quite tedious and overly prescriptive .... (that really makes me sound like I'm so up myself - not at all the case [one hopes]).

I often see thread titles that are all like "What happens if I paint A over B" ... REALLY!!! ............. I just think paint A over B and watch what happens - it's not rocket science.

If anyone sees' something they can't figure out, or is at a loss to understand - "just ask" I really am happy to help if I can ... but when it comes to style and technique I'm just some old bloke buggering about in the back bedroom - (not a euphemism for anything ) :huh:.

• Like 2

On 29 septembre 2016 at 1:30 AM, Banny said:

Olivier

I had exactly the same problem with 118D - see my modification on page 21.

John

Hello John,

thank you for that hint, I didn't notice that (true that, as the forum is in english, it's a long time for me to read everything..).

Very interesting to see your solution, very good, and Andi's one (photo just above yours), very good too...

I am now on the 13th step and another problem appears... (definitely, this 806 is not a model for beginners...). Did you meet the same? 

Kind regards

OlivierIMG_1540_zpsrmaq88re.jpg

Edited by Olivier de St Raph
defect of editing

Bonjour Olivier

Oui - le meme chose exactement! Je voulais me souvenir de mon écolier français mais hélas il a été trop nombreuses années! Ceci est ma première construction «grave» et à travers ce forum je l'ai tellement appris (mais ont beaucoup à apprendre). Cela dit, il a été très bien une accumulation d'amour / haine.I hope my attempt at French makes sense!

• Like 1

Olivier this looks very good.

great idea to add an articulation of sorts and 2 'rivets' (?) on the added curved piece to avoid friction at 118 D

~The rubber hose looks perfectly realistic.  Also, i too prefer copper tubes here.

Makes me wonder how do we know there were made of brass if all the pictures are in B&W and supposedly there are no references ? 

What metal paints are you using ?

for the Meph. i used a mix of several copper brands and some diluted red and blue translucent Alclad very lightly airbrushed on the elbows. 

Hi Sam,

thank you for your kind appreciations. 

I agree with you, without any document, impossible to be sure a piece was like this or like that. So, the best is to do personal choices, as we feel. For the copper tubes, I had seen both colors on the topic, brass and copper, and I preferred this last solution, keeping brass for the plugs. For this copper, I used AK True Metal, usable as with airbrush as with paintbrush.  116D, 117D (and not 117E as mentioned in the instructions), 118D and 103C were painted with Silver SM01 Super Metallic.

A question for Andi: how did you get this great relief on the flat end of 116D and 117D?

Olivier

Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202016-10-01%

17 minutes ago, Olivier de St Raph said:

A question for Andi: how did you get this great relief on the flat end of 116D and 117D?

Olivier

HEY - not fair! ................ you can't go around mercilessly enlarging my models - you'll see things you really shouldn't - (like huge bodges and mistakes)!

Olivier, you've discovered one of the reasons there's such a long time between my updates ... as not only do I get involved in making coffee stirrer furniture, I also make hundreds of little modifications and additions like these ... (I can count six in this picture alone).

BUT, on with your question - it really is outrageously easy. But you may have to ask Sam for a better translation as I'm not entirely sure how much of this will get lost?

Using "piepan" ally', I lay it over a school rubber (eraser) and over this I roll one of my many pin-vices. You will notice they have a strong knurled effect at points around the shafts - this transfers into the ally as a decidedly "chequer-plate" looking effect. Portions of this I super glue on the face of the pedals and then simply sand back to shape ............... "easy peasy, lemon squeezy" (translate that):P:D

A bit of paint and weathering and Bob's your uncle ...........................B)   .................................... and of course you'll never see it when the body is fitted on.

Dear Andi,

really sorry but I think you don't need to worry: even by enlarging the image, your works still look great (maybe even better!). 

You're right, one more time, I have problems with translation and so, of comprehension of what you did to get this, very frustrating... Sam, help!!

Andi, you recall me another model maker for whom I have a great admiration: Juan Manuel Villalba, specialized in airplanes, (I love aircraft model making too...) author of great books, DVD (I had the honour to make the subtitles french translation for the next one that will be published soon). Like you, he spends a lot of time to add little details creating an amazing and very personal result, a unique artist. But I would like you to explain more how you get them (and in good french, if possible ;))

Best regards

Olivier

Hello guys,

here is an alternate method to re-spoke. Andi's one is more elegant but too difficult for me... I use the same  Aber 0,4mm wire than for the radiator grille. It will be a long work, about 12 h approx. to do the 4 wheels...

Olivier

IMG_1546_zpsu3vzyl41.jpgIMG_1547_zpse9bwmclm.jpg

• Like 1