Fiat 806 -"Gangshow"- build album.

Welcome to the forum Olivier.

Love all the detective work you guys are putting into this. With the scarce reference available, i'm truly amazed with what you guys can come up with.

I'm just amazed how big a difference this kit is compared to the excellent Mephistofele. And they charge the same price!

Regards,

Jeremy

Hello to all and thanks again for your welcome!

Not a long time now to answer to all your posts...

Andi, thank you for the informations: so, there are 72 spokes instead of 36 on the kit... I would really like to learn your technic and do the same for my 806, it is so beautiful...

Sam, I ´d like to go to Torino too (maybe end of october). It's 4h from St Raphaël by car. Thus, I ´m afraid we will not have more information on the 806. For the Mefistofele, that I would like to make after, there are many photos and videos on the net.

About the color of the grill, in the doubt, I will do it iron or steel, with a little weathering. I like it as it is on the box-art. The advantage of the lack of information is that we can make our own interprétation. So, for example, I loved the car color on the box-art and I will do my Fiat with Crimson red Humbrol 20, which is very different from Italian red...

If, like me, you decide to make another grill, you must know it will take you about 10h to make it... Play your favorite music, take breaks to let your eyes have rest...

I don't go on fast, because unfortunately, I really not have much time , but I will post the grill when it's over, promised.

About the forum, as I said the 1st time, it's a new expérience for me. Up to now, I was jus reading without signin in. That's what I did this time too, but I have loved in the same time the beautiful things I saw, and the sharing of expérience you all do...

Jeremy, I have not yet bought and seen the Mefisto kit, but I share your feelings about Italeri. They could have make new molds, put Protar's tyres, avoid saying that this model is "unique interms of technology and accuracy" on the box, when they did not bought anything to Protar's kit, except the box for screws, bolts etc. and the photoetched foil. I have been desappointed too by their after sale service: 25E was missing in my box and 127D broken. After several weeks (at least 7...), still nothing!

And in the same time, let's not forget that if they did not reissue this Protar kit, we would not have had the great opportunity to make it and share. And considering the price on ebay of this Fiat by Protar, let's not complain too much... 😉

All the best

Olivier

P.S: The grid grill gives me from trouble, I suggest you wait the end of my "expérience" to dive into this risky adventure... I had to remove some because they were a bit too long and distorted a little the vertical bars... It's really a challenge! 😬

24%20plancher%20avec%20accessoires%20et%Me again... while I have a little rest for my eyes (this grill will finish to make me mad... :shutup::shutup: I post a photo I made of the floor. I used Italeri photoetched floor (very nice). The very badly placed round ejection marks on the big base were hidden with 0,13 mm plastic card, instead of classical grinding, not easy in this area...

All the best

Edited by Olivier de St Raph
photo had disappeared

Beautiful execution Olivier, very clean and neat, i love this spring 'used' and the leather.

well done !

Looks like i will go to Turin this Sunday if you want to join, Welcome ! or anyone of the gang is most welcome - apologies for the short notice - you could fly easyjet to Geneva and i take it from there.

Edited by sharknose156
  • Like 1

IMG_2205_zpslxjotovi.jpg

Hello to all,

last weekend, we were with friends in Luberon, a very nice aera. And at Lourmarin, I fall on this vintage poster!!! The Fiat keeps following me... I have bought it, it will nice in my waiting room, not far from the model... I have learnt the artist, Geo Ham, wa very famous in the 20's and 30's...  Notice that on the picture, the chassis is red and the grille is black... About that, my grille is going on slowly but surely. I was very busy these times, with the translation in french of my friend's Juan Manuel Villalba next DVD.

All the best to all

Olivier

photo cancelled
  • Like 1

13D15B4E-A8DE-41C2-968C-4A4620DA4EB0_zps

Hello to all,

last weekend, we were with friends in Luberon, a very nice aera. And at Lourmarin, I fall on this vintage poster!!! The Fiat keeps following me... I have bought it, it will nice in my waiting room, not far from the model... I have learnt the artist, Geo Ham, wa very famous in the 20's and 30's...  Notice that on the picture, the chassis is red and the grille is black... About that, my grille is going on slowly but surely. I was very busy these times, with the translation in french of my friend's Juan Manuel Villalba next DVD.

All the best to all

Olivier

Ok guys, sorry... I had seen there were little differences, but I thought it was the artist interpretation... Many details are so close from the Fiat, even the pilot who looks like Bordino :) ... Anyway, I don't regret to have bought it, it's very nice. 

Sam, did you go to Torino? if yes, did you enjoy? I suppose you have informations, photos to share... 

Olivier

P.S: I wanted to join a photo of my grille but it doesn't work. I have been on "insert other media" and put URL but nothing happens...

13D15B4E-A8DE-41C2-968C-4A4620DA4EB0_zps

Hello to all,

All the best to all

Olivier

69763922-B297-4705-AD36-2A97ED7E70C7_zps43%20Un%20travail%20de%20patience..._zps

Sorry for sending the poster again,   

I bug a little when posting from my IPhone... On the other hand, I succeeded to join photos what I couldn't do this morning from my MacBook.

The grille should be over at the end of the weekend, and it's a good new for my back and my eyes...

Olivier

photo cancelled
  • Like 1

Thank you Vontrips. About that, I am really sorry but, despite all your explanations, I didn't understand well what was wrong on the calander. I suppose it's a problem of language... It seemed to me that the wrongest on this piece was the grille with only 32 strips too thick instead of 52 more thin. That's why I asked a drawing, even simple, to explain me...

I confirm you were right, on the vintage poster, it's an Alfa P2, the direct competitor of the Fiat 806, but the big exhaust on the left side is missing...

Olivier 

Hello Olivier

Your work looks very nice.

I like the red. What paint are you using ? 

Did not go to Turino.

So now my slot times are towards the end of October or early November.

Why not coordinate and meet up there and spend a day making photos and collecting info and try some good italian food.

Edited by sharknose156
  • Like 1

Hello guys, hello Sam,

In the same time I'm moving on with my grille, I go on too with the engine. To get this crude fondery aspect, I first applied XF-1 Tamiya acrylic diluted with X-20A, and then a very light coat of XF-16 enamel Tamiya diluted with X-20. Dry brush technic with True metal Silver to highlight nuts and angles.

Dear Sam, I am not sure at all to go to Torino at this period, and if I go, I will be with my wife (unfortunately not fascinated by model making..), but we could though meet each other with pleasure. Keep in touch about that...

It's funny you say you like the red, it's the only part that was not painted (plastic mold color), since it will not be visible. But to answer your question, I have chosen the Crimson red 20 Humbrol (a sort of garnet color), that is very different from this one. To give you an idea, I add a photo of the bottom, painted with it. In fact, I loved the color on the box-art, and, even if I don't think it's the right one, I made an esthetic choice that I assume. As we don't have any indisputable color reference with this car, why not? 

All the best

Olivier

IMG_1466_zpstxz3b1mi.jpg 

IMG_1512_zps6yja1cbr.jpgIMG_1514_zpsjqsypqpp.jpg

Good morning everyone, Olivier,

thanks for this info. This crimson red looks nice.  

the dry brush is giving a nice rough surface to the engine, looks like an 'old timer'.

by the way did you notice your pictures from previous posts are disappearing ? 

Enjoy your sunday everybody !    here it is raining ... ideal day for quiet modeling... but i have family visiting ..... so as much as i love having visitors and specially family, no modeling for me today:(

Hello Sam,

yes, I like this color, in fact, I try to get the box-art color (they got it by Photoshop, as we can see on the others photos on the sides of the box, as for the grille and other details...).

Thank you for warning about the other photos that I posted, I had not noticed. I have cancelled the photos in photobucket, to free space, do you think it may explain that? Should I avoid that cancel on photobucket? It's curious, I supposed once a photo was copied, I could cancel it on photobucket... What do you think?

Here, the weather is nice, jus a bit windy...

Sam, I saw you live at Lausanne, I suppose you speak french?

Hi guys,

here it is! my grille is done... here is a comparison with the one provided in the box (I have received the E cluster claimed). I have applied a coat of X-11 enamel Tamiya on it, which is a good compromise (not too bright, not too flat). I will do a light weathering on it after drying.

About 10 h of patience if you dive in that mad adventure...

Olivier

IMG_1516_zpser0rect2.jpg

• Like 5