IMG_0084.jpgIMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

Transparent parts still in the process.

113.jpg112.jpg

Planned modifications:
-Mk.10,FB.11, T.20, T.61 (Baghdad Fury)
Even in the plans - "September Pops", Reno racing 2004
reno04_unl_911_01.jpg
The model will be equipped with photoetching, resin parts,masks for painting.
  • Like 8

Looks interesting, hopefully the sizes and shapes of the previous Hobbycraft and Trumpeter kits, however from what I can see in the pictures some of the details look quite basic, but maybe the PE and resin parts will improve areas?

Eager to see the released product hopefully it will be good!

Ali

• Like 1

I hope the riveting is subtle, the real thing in flush riveted,they show up mostly as dishing in the skinning, the riveting on the Trumpy kit are holes :(

from our walkaround section here

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71759-hawker-sea-fury/

Sea%20Fury%203.JPG

it's visible under the right light conditions,as can be seen on the tailplane below.

sf%2018.jpg

the panel lines look better than the Hobbycraft kit though :)

The tailplanes on the T.20 are supposed to be 10 inches wider on each tailplane, which might be worth double checking.

In case you have not found them,there are photos of the 2nd cockpit in the trainer posted in this thread

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/69728-hawker-sea-fury/page-2

along with some useful detail photos too. Note there are members here with access to preserved Sea Fury's so if you want close up detail ask away.

Any idea what the cost might be? An accurate detailed Sea fury in 1/48th is definitely needed!

HTH

T

• Like 3

Troy Smith - thanks for the comment and pictures of the second cabin. )

Please, if possible, show the drawing stabilizers T.20 ...

Question to the British colleagues, who have pictures of good quality technical labels Fury ..? It is necessary for the decals.

Thanks.

P.S. I do the test assembly of plastic parts model, tomorrow will show the result. )

Hmm - please tell them to go back and look at the cockpit "cutout" shape - looks to me like they've followed Trumpeters awful example and scooped it. Which scores a very humbuggy zero out of ten for research from me.

Jonners wondering just how hard it is to look at things with clear eyes: AMG - Awful Modelling Gaffes?

I like the look of the surface detail. I agree the cockpit surroundings appear to need attention. The wheels look typically plastic-kit basic, but I know where to go for those! Not sure whether to be happy or glad that they do the wing in "airplane" mode, rather than flapping. I think I'll need to get one regardless, but I do hope they fix what needs fixing first. Did I overlook the wheel well detail?

bob

The first test assembly.

IMG_0089.jpgIMG_0094.jpgIMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpgIMG_0113.jpgIMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0102.jpgIMG_0112.jpgIMG_0117.jpgIMG_0119.jpgIMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0124_2.jpgIMG_0125_2.jpgIMG_0125.jpg

- Incorrectly cutout in the fuselage for the T.20. (((Optional make stencils for marking.
Going model of good)))
More needs to be done:
-nishi chassis connections engine- parts of resin.
-Items cockpit panel for the tailpipes, the grille, on the dash panel chassis- photoetched parts.
-Increase stabilizers for T.20
123.jpg
  • Like 2

Thanks for the latest pics dora :) Be good to see the resin/etch parts - the two seater is looking more and more encouraging. Amazing the difference certain camera angles make when viewing surface details etc.

Troy Smith, thanks for your photos, in my archive of such was not :)

The revised list of what else to do.
Photoetching: the entire interior booths lining the inner flaps, panels for the tailpipes, the template for the door of the cabin.
Resin details- wheel bays, nozzles, some small details in the double version
I'll show the photos in the topic when they sample. :)
  • Like 1

Always good to see a new kit of the Sea Fury and this one is showing plenty promise. The option to build not only the usual FB.11 but also the much less common T.20 and extremely rare F.10 means that if AMG do this kit well I'm in the market for at least two copies :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I will have a two seater so I can build this;

Sea%20Fury%202.JPG

I hope the wing fold is in the kit.

Julien

Nice choice Julien :wub:

Of course at least half of us will bitch and moan if there is a fold option in the wing regardless of how it is done. That being the half of us left who haven't been bitching and moaning about it being in the wrong scale.

• Like 4

Nice choice Julien :wub:

Of course at least half of us will bitch and moan if there is a fold option in the wing regardless of how it is done. That being the half of us left who haven't been bitching and moaning about it being in the wrong scale.

Even if its not in the kit, I am sure one will be along. Modellers moan :whistle:

• Like 1