HobbyBoss 1/72 Vought A7D Corsair II

Done in Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics as usual- brush painted. I attempted to get a faded look from the humid south east asia air by blending together thinned paint in slightly different stages. Am pretty happy about the way it turned out aside from the gap on the underside, which I completely forgot about, and the fact that for the life of me I can't get rid of the gloss finish- will try spraying the rattle can humbrol matt varnish, as matt cote and XF-86 don't seem to be able to do it.

Now on to the Vietnam GB!

72%20Corsair%20II_zpszexgtq47.jpg

72%20Corsair%20II%203_zpsqfcp7ia3.jpg

72%20Corsair%20II%202_zpsqn0dfkf0.jpg

72%20Corsair%20II%204_zpsrm3bm1jo.jpg

• Like 10

Hello,Flashman - Welcome to the Forum.That's a mean looking 'Corsair' you've got there.She's armed to her Shark's Teeth and about to make someone's day! The Humbrol Matt Cote should take care of the too glossy finish for you.Good luck with your future projects and builds.All the best,Paul.

Hi Flashman,

the load on that bird is sure going to ruin someone's day... A real meanie indeed.

I am really impressed how your acrylics come out brush painted. I have given up on those, although, I just found some flow improver and I will give it one last try!

Why don't you brush paint with good ol' Humbrol enamel? With +/- 20% turpentine added, they give fantastic results!

Shame indeed about the crack underneath! I promise you it has happened to each and every one of us... We just do not tell!

Very nice result

What's next?

JR