1/48 - MiG-31B/BS & BM/BSM "Foxhound" by AvantGarde Model Kits - released - new BM/BSM & B/BS boxings

Homebee

I have to say I bought the BM/BSM version and it arrived last week - incredible packaging, instructions and detailed mouldings - this is the way all kits should be made.

Excellent stuff - I'll be ordering the B/BS shortly!

• Like 1

Some very incredible news to come from Germany tomorrow and I can’t wait until you find out. 0900 CET news from Nuremburg tick tock tick tock.......

Any news on the announcement Martin?!

• Like 1

OK. I have been told by our friends at the Nurmeberg Toy Festival that AMK MiG-31B/BM was voted kit of the year 2016........ c/o Modellfan Magazine

You heard it HERE first.

I have been waiting for the graphics to turn up and to share them with you but so far nothing. Hope they haven’t changed their minds lol. I have been a little nervous in announcing it because nothing has been said so far that I can see.

Hopefully it is true and not an embarrassing hoax or something LOL.

Number two looks favourite to me, as it's the most different (wreaths round the red stars) from my effort on the BM :)

You can’t quite tell but the wreaths are eagles (?) :P

Not calling you out, I thought the same the first time I saw them truth be told LOLOLOL.

• Like 4

You deserve all the awards you can get Martin and all at AMK for your models I'm truly blown away by them !

And if it's true CONGRATULATIONS. :goodjob:

Guy

Edited by F4u
  • Like 1

Martin @ AMK Hobby, on 27 Jan 2016 - 4:04 PM, said:

OK. I have been told by our friends at the Nurmeberg Toy Festival that AMK MiG-31B/BM was voted kit of the year 2016........ c/o Modellfan Magazine (...)

It's a bit more complex. AMK MiG-31 is - with good reason - one of a "kits of the year" in 1/48th scale but with the Zvezda's Petlyakov Pe-2.

Source: http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/modelle-des-jahres-die-aktuellen-preistraeger/2016/

Modelle des Jahres 2016

(...)

Aircraft 1:32 and bigger

- DeHavilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI 1:32 Tamiya Japan

- Focke Wulf Fw 190 F-8 1:32 Revell Deutschland

- Airspeed A.S.51 Horsa Glider Mk.I 1:35 Bronco China

Aircraft 1:48

- Soviet Dive Bomber Petlyakov Pe-2 1:48 Zvezda Russland

- Mikoyan MiG-31BM Foxhound 1:48 AMK China

Aircraft 1:72

- Fw 190 A-8 1:72 eduard Tschechien

- C-54D Skymaster 1:72 Revell Deutschland

- Armstrong Whitworth Whitley Mk.V 1:72 Airfix England

Aircraft short run

- Grumman F2F-1 1:48 Attack Squadron Polen

- Zlin Z-50 LS „Golden Age“ 1:72 Brengun Tschechien

- Schulgleiter SG-38 1:48 Special Hobby Tschechien

(...)

Edited by Homebee

In your dreams... It's a bit more complex. AMK MiG-31 is - with good reason - one of the kits of the year in 1/48th but with the Zvezda's Petlyakov Pe-2.

Source: http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/modelle-des-jahres-die-aktuellen-preistraeger/2016/

So what, it doesn't make the kit any less nice.... Despite all the new releases it's the only kit of a jet that won anything as well.

• Like 1

Well I was emailed by Modellfan to say that we won and I was not announce until 0900 CET.

I hadn’t heard anything to the contrary.

edit. IN fact, isn’t that a second award then? I don’t know anything about DPMV. Is this their list? It was Modellfan Magazine that we were told about. In fact I was told that the award would be sent to us in the post, no second or joint prize was noted.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby
  • Like 1

Woohoo - "Borat´s Airforce" :D :D :D :D :D

I have a question - in BM is in rear cockpit a stick - this is error no ? I read a modernised MiG-31 haven´t stick in rear cockpit and can be pilotet from front cockpit only...

Sniff, i can "AlbĂ­k" soon (Czech nickname for Aero L-39 "Albatros"... And... can you please make ..... an Aero L-159 "Alca" too :) :) :) :) ?

Edited by AlCZ

Well I was emailed by Modellfan to say that we won and I was not announce until 0900 CET.

edit. IN fact, isn’t that a second award then? I don’t know anything about DPMV. ... no second or joint prize was noted.

ModellFan is the DPMV's official magazine. And they present a number of 'Kit of the Year' awards in different categories.

So... a kit of the year, not the kit of the year. (and deservedly so - congrats to the team, and an amazing job on marketing!) And the ModellFan and DPMV lists are one and the same.

• Like 2

Excellent. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

When I was informed by Kai, there was no mention of anyone else hence my post.

Many thanks!!!

Still an amazing achievement as far as we are concerned. Very happy with the result indeed. To be voted as a kit of the year and the other kit to be a prop, well that’s great news as there have been many jet kit releases this year!!!

Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby
  • Like 3

AMK made all of us, rivet counters, to simply shut up for a change!!!

I am preparing a review (in Greek), trying harder than even to find dimensional and constructional "errors" (yes, I mean all these that one actually needs the real thing blue prints to realize) but to my disappointment (!!!) could not find any :-)

Any awards, well deserved.

• Like 1

I am preparing a review (in Greek), trying harder than even to find dimensional and constructional "errors" (yes, I mean all these that one actually needs the real thing blue prints to realize) but to my disappointment (!!!) could not find any :-)

Let's go. Stop being under influence of effective marketing and our favourite lobbyist. :goodjob:

AMK last product is definitely the state of the art in terms of engineering (fit is top), the company is definitely modeller-minded but open your eyes the surface details treatment from this MiG-31 kit is still far away from the one of the Great Wall Hobby kits and the recent Kinetic Su-33. AMK's panel lines are fairly heavy. For this aspect - as for the box art, but this is not of importance to me - AMK has room for improvement. Yes I'm shooting at the sacred cow. :winkgrin:

Look at the following pictures: Kin Su-33 vs AMK MiG-31, there is no comparison...

mini_480896mig31vsSu331.jpg mini_542061mig31vsSu332.jpg mini_822865mig31vsSu333.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1