1/48 - MiG-31B/BS & BM/BSM "Foxhound" by AvantGarde Model Kits - released - new BM/BSM & B/BS boxings

Homebee

I'm very pleased to hear that you listen to the responses of modellers Martin, I think this is what is setting you apart from other manufacturers and getting you such praise from modellers, as well as the fact that you are tackling popular but previously untouched subjects such as the Mig-31 and G-91 (really looking forward to that one!) as well as the likes of the F-14.

Can't agree more Craig. Got mine three days ago. Just to please red dot Andy.....yes I'm going to do mine as............. :pilot::pilot::pilot:

Anyway even if it sits on the shelves it's a great model.

I guess there will be 2 built in Kazakh markings then Thomas? You never know we might even get Andy to get one, even if it doesn't have "red dots" on it!

• Like 2

Fine model, good background (i'm mean bottles :popcorn: )

- Thanks, the background is sometime necessary to soup up the morale of the poor modeller.. ( all kits are not AMK you know.)......it may be used too as a reward when the same poor modeller is particularly happy with his achievement........and for evry possible other opportunities....... :drink:

• Like 1

That's it!.........can't resist it any longer!........oh my poor bloody wallet!

Well worth it though,judging by all the reviews & fantastic WIP's/RFI's on this site.

It'll probably sit in my stash for a while as I've got my hands full at the mo,but I intend to do this asap.

Andrew

AMK kits look a class above. I hope they can keep their standards high and not compromise on quality in order to produce more kits.

I have 5 or 6 un-built kits in my stash. Looking at AMK MiG-31, I feel like buying one. Its a fabulous kit and reviews vouch for it. However, the speed at which I build kits, it will take me 6 to 7 years to build all those kits I have not started.

BTW - it is for MiG-31BM/BSM, for all other MiG-31s decal now in design

Corrected - now Begemot have two different decals for MiG-31 1\48 scales :

48-040 MiG-31BM(BSM) "The Upgraded Foxhounds"

http://www.begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=143

48-044 MiG-31 "The Standard Foxhounds"

http://www.begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=148

48-044%20MiG-31.jpg

Edited by kotey
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Martin,

Just a little (humble) example on how successful AMK has been in making this kit. You have been praised so much for this kit that my few pennies worth is probably quite insignificant. But here's my compliment nonetheless.

I like jets in 1/48 scale, especially Russian stuff. Like many other modelers out there I own fine examples of the Mig-15, 21, 23 and 29 as well as the Su-33 and J-11B. However, the Mig-31 never really appealed to me. Not that it is bad in any way, just not my favorite Russian jet. A few of my friends did acquire your BM/BSM as well as B/BS examples and the more I looked at it the more it appealed to me. Not the airplane itself as such, but simply AMK's brilliant quality and stunning engineering. I have now subsequently bought the B/BS myself and have a BM/BSM in the mail. Still not a big fan of the Mig-31, just a totally converted new fan of your kits.

Now if you can convince someone to buy your products, even with little or no interest in the particular subject, but purely based on your high level of quality and your excellent attitude towards the modeler, then you are certainly on the right track.

Now for that Su-35S.. Then you can come collect the title deed to my house!

Regards

Victor

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I built and painted those Katran exhausts. 

Very nice pieces of resin.

img_1225.jpg

img_1216.jpg

img_1220.jpg

Romain

Edited by rom1
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Dear ICMF and where absolutely inaccurate ???? I have personally resampled the nozzles in the photo for more than 1.5 years, and I vouch what is pictured in the model, and those places where the seams are larger than the scale, then forgive or they will be visible or not.

In the photo, which you put everything exactly the same as in the model of nozzles. Please specify where inaccuracy !!!!!!

Edited by sten77

Actually there are two versions of the current exhaust nozzles. The one shown on the photo of the real exhaust is the most often used version. There are some which have the base ring divided into double the number of individual panels like shown on the resin set. (I am not speaking of the very early exhaust with all moving petals!!!) 

My personal opinion is that the weld details and panel lines on the resin set are far over exaggerated! OK, you need to slightly increase the size of these details to make it more visible on a scale kit, but it is by far exaggerated here. Now we have the original plastic parts with virtually no details and at the other end of the spectrum the resin set. Neither is good in my opinion.

But this is only my opinion.

Best regards

Gabor

23 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

My personal opinion is that the weld details and panel lines on the resin set are far over exaggerated! OK, you need to slightly increase the size of these details to make it more visible on a scale kit, but it is by far exaggerated here. Now we have the original plastic parts with virtually no details and at the other end of the spectrum the resin set. Neither is good in my opinion.

I'm curious what HB did here. The HB MiG-31 kit that I have has the earlier exhaust type so I can't compare them (I'd need their B/BM release).

But, since the weld and panel lines are so tiny on the real thing that they're barely noticeable when scaled, perhaps it would be better to make them as fine engraved lines that can be emphasized with a wash. At least the end result would have been much closer to the real life photo shown here, IMHO.

Edited by Dudikoff

My first model was made close to the scale, and these seams were absolutely not visible. Because of this, I had to make them redundant. But the phrase "absolutely not true" is not very beautiful. There everything is true, but as there are places there are more seams, do not like to do better, but do not write. I do everything for myself, but the fact that I sell this cost-saving.

These nozzles are much better than those in the model, and consider another ode. The main thing is that all the photos are taken by macro shooting. in reality, these seams look much more truthful. Who will consider that the seams are very large sandpaper or file yet, who has not canceled, for this reason, the internal seams I do not consider it right to do. Many grinders have done, and it is very easy to remove them.

Sincerely, Katran-Odessa

Dear sten77,

This is exactly why when I photograph my models, I post in size that is similar to the actual size.

On the other hand, it is absolutely impossible to keep everyone happy, no matter how good your work is.

Get used to it, so that it doesn't spoil your day.

Cheers