Bf 109 STGB II Chat

vppelt68

Ehhh, I have got the Mistel one conversion from AIMS. How do you guys stand about it If I build it here?!

I have just bought this week the Ju-88 for the conversion. 20-11-2016

Maybee it is me, but I can't comment in this thread anymore.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Count me in, please. I'll definitely commit to Hans-Joachim Marseille's 109F from the 1:72 Zvezda kit and Franz Stigler's 109G-6 (kit TBD, either Academy or else AZ/KP if I get around to picking one up) and maybe a few others if time permits (either a Battle of Britain or Yugoslav 109E would be high on the priority list, but it is very tempting to duck into the postwar timeframe for an S-199 or Ha.1112).

Edited by Sabre_days
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jan Polc from AZ/KP models promised their company will sponsor the Bf 109 STGB II :thumbsup: The prize will be a gift voucher to their company so the winner can then choose what she/he wants.

Please note: The finished builds will also be posted at their company's facebook page, and the winner chosen by counting which build gets most "likes". Don't worry if you're not a fb user, contact me and I can forward the pics. There WILL be a regular Gallery feature as usual, and the fb is an option for those who wish to take part in the quest for the prize and/or just wish to show what they've accomplished. This vote will also remain neutral in means of scale and kit manufacturer.

A big thank you to our sponsor! Best regards, V-P

• Like 4

Looking forward to this one, planning on doing a Hobbycraft 1/48 109-D in splinter camo and 'Bernberger' markings, and an Airfix 1/48 109-E4 in Wicks final markings. If I make one before the GB probably do a 1/48 Fujimi 109-G10.

• Like 2

Welcome Doug, it´s only a few months away now! I´m sure we´ll have plenty of variety in kit manufacturers, scales, subtypes - even manufacturers with Avias and Buchons, air forces, paint schemes and the amount of aftermarket used. I hope someone will also come up with a nice little vignette: :hmmm: @PlaStix , @Mottlemaster and @Ozzy, are you listening :whistle: Best regards, V-P

• Like 3

On 28/01/2017 at 17:29, vppelt68 said:

Jan Polc from AZ/KP models promised their company will sponsor the Bf 109 STGB II :thumbsup: The prize will be a gift voucher to their company so the winner can then choose what she/he wants.

Please note: The finished builds will also be posted at their company's facebook page, and the winner chosen by counting which build gets most "likes". Don't worry if you're not a fb user, contact me and I can forward the pics. There WILL be a regular Gallery feature as usual, and the fb is an option for those who wish to take part in the quest for the prize and/or just wish to show what they've accomplished. This vote will also remain neutral in means of scale and kit manufacturer.

A big thank you to our sponsor! Best regards, V-P

Hi V-P, just wondering if things are being posted on fb what is the consensus of using swastikas on the planes? 

Personally I tend to avoid posting German aircraft due to being still a little sensitive to some users on there. And I'm not sure on Facebooks policy?

Would we have blur them or omit them completely?

Regards

Joss

• Like 1

That was a question that I had to check answer for. I went to their fb page and yes, there were all uncensored swastikas in their boxart and painting instructions visible. So I´d say the STGB builds can be posted normally. In my honest opinion historical accuracy and political correctness are best balanced using good taste and common sense. Best regards, V-P

P.S. I also hope that this thread would not be the place where a discussion of this matter would go on further, now that this question is answered. Please :innocent:

Edited by vppelt68
Added the post scriptum
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Welcome Doug, it´s only a few months away now! I´m sure we´ll have plenty of variety in kit manufacturers, scales, subtypes - even manufacturers with Avias and Buchons, air forces, paint schemes and the amount of aftermarket used. I hope someone will also come up with a nice little vignette: :hmmm: @PlaStix , @Mottlemaster and @Ozzy, are you listening :whistle: Best regards, V-P

:rofl:Oh go on then! Nothing like subtlety! :whip:........I've just checked and I've got the Airfix Starter set in the stash that I got cheap from Aldi a couple of years back - I'm sure I can work out a bit of a Vignette for it.:hmmm:

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

:rofl:Oh go on then! Nothing like subtlety! :whip:........I've just checked and I've got the Airfix Starter set in the stash that I got cheap from Aldi a couple of years back - I'm sure I can work out a bit of Vignette for it.:hmmm:

Kind regards,

Stix

Maybe:hmmm::shrug:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Take it easy Ozzy 😁 there's plenty of other stuff to build! But if you find a good kit and some time... You're welcome to join! V-P

V-P see above I'm in with a profilpack 109 G-6.

• Like 1

My intention was to build an Avia S-199 and a Hispano HA1112 in 1/48 scale.

That has now changed.  As AZ/KP are sponsoring the GB, I'll now be building them in 1/72 scale.  In fact, I'll be building two Avia S-199s, an early Israeli aircraft and a later Czech one, both from the KP kit.  I can also feel an Avia S-99 coming on...

The Buchon will be from the Special Hobby kit.

I'm a little freaked out by the huge range of options in this GB.  Wherever I look, there's another version or scheme I want to do. :frantic:

• Like 2