Bf 109 STGB II Chat

vppelt68

While all you 109 fans are gatherd in one place i would like to take this opportunity to pubicise the Me 262 STGB next year .

Dates:   5 May to 5 August 2018

262 STGB 's dont come around as often as the more common 190's and 109 ,s so put a date in your diary 

Cheers

Alistair

Edited by Mottlemaster
  • Like 4

My complete inability to arrange my life stopped me getting involved in this GB much as I'd have liked too. I'm wondering if it's time for a GB for projects arranged for a GB that never got started I'll have several entries! Possibly a 6 month 'Arc Build' to avoid adding to the lists rather than reducing them.

Some lovely work on show as always people and PB notwithstanding some great references for the future.

Well Done to you all.

Hello all,

It's the morning of Friday 4th August here. My build progresses well for me but I fear I am going to be close but no banana in getting across the line. Is it now time to offer a plea for a week's extension to the build? I understand if the calendar does not permit such changes but I would really like to finish this one within the GB build.

Kind regards,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Having looked at the build threads, I think there's a good chance that an extra week will see a few more builds finished.

This STGB will now end on Sunday 13 August. 

Thank you Enzo,

You are a champion!

Regards,

• Like 1

Thank you Enzo Matrix for granting us the extension and Kahunaminor for asking for it - with my own builds being where they are that´d been awkward of me to propose such thing :thumbsup:.

So, we have a week more to go; let´s spend it wisely and thank the Britmodeller community by finishing what we've started. V-P

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SimonT said:

Happy days, I may get to finish this one then...

... and that´s exactly why the extension was given to us. I wrote an update at the AZmodel fb-page about this too. Please post your pics also there if you have a fb-account! V-P 

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly another fail from me, the usual work and timings conspiring against me but also some unforeseen and sad events too.

I would like to say a massive thank you to @vppelt68 and @Enzo Matrix for organising everything and keeping it all going.

Thanks to everyone who took part, I learnt many things and it was a truely enjoyable and pleasant GB. Congrats to those who made the finish line, all the models look excellent.

I'll eventually finish mine and will continue to post progress when I can.

All the best!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, JackG said:

"Sportsmanship prize for build with least votes but participating anyway :thumbsup:  "

How will this be handled? 

regards,

Jack

A good question, Jack. The prize rule was originally written when all was planned to be decided by like-votes at AZmodel fb-page, which never materialized because so few posted pics of their builds there. So it was time for Plan B: the AZ/KP crew has picked one from the builds that received 0 votes at Britmodeller poll. I think that's a fair solution, given the changed circumstances.

All in all many of us suffered this summer from the forced change in way to post ones' pictures, and it affected their builds, at least mine.

V-P