Bf 109 STGB II Chat

vppelt68

Alllllrighty then! I'll take that last place.

A question, if I may... Would an Me209 be eligible? Technically not part of the lineage, but Dr Willy claimed that it was so that they could get that speed record in '38.

If not the original 209, how about the 2nd version, the 'super-109' (or should that be 'uber-109'?)? This was actually based on the real 109 airframe, but ended up looking somewhat like the Fw190.

If it's no, that's OK, I don't have any kits for any of them, just throwing ideas out. I'm in, whatever happens.

Welcome Rob, our much anticipated mr. 25! EDIT: and hey, it´s not the last place, just the 25th place required to get to the STGB calender. In the first Bf 109 STGB there are 36 finished entries in the gallery, with some multiple builds in one entry, and about 57 build threads. LET`S BEAT THAT RECORD!

Regarding those 209:s, I´d be inclined to say no to them. While the Ju 88 STGB was taking shape we were considering whether Ju 188 and other x88:s should be allowed. They were ruled out then and I think the Bf 109/Avia/Buchon combat aircraft should offer enough variety in this STGB too.

Regards, V-P

Edited by vppelt68

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, please count me in!

Impossible to remain indifferent to another 109!!! It will either be a 109 E (Airfix 1/72) or a 109 F-4/Trop (Italeri 1/72).

I just love this plane, so...

JR

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

ok how did I miss this one!!!!

Count me for sure, I just love the 109's especially the late model one! Have an Eduard Royal class Bf-109G set that would be just perfect, though a 1/32nd version to go with the Ta-152 I'm building for the Fw-190 STGB. Well I have plenty of time to decide what to build.....can't wait!! :bounce:

• Like 3

Checked my 50+ stash... A,B,C,D,E,F,FiSK,G,H,K,T,V,W,X,Z... Jota, Tripala, Buchon, 2-seater Buchon, S-99, Mezek, Sakeen...

Don't know if I even manage to finish one of them but, I'm in!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by SAU
  • Like 2

I know this is still a way off but as mentions am quite excited about this GB!!!

So am planning away at work...it's a wet boring day!

Will go 1/32nd, the base model build either Revell's Bf109G-6 or G-10....base model hint hint :wicked:

- the G-6 will have Alley Cat's Bf-109H conversion kit thrown at it (along with the G-6 correction kit and some PE/Resin bits)

or

- the G-10 this time with an Alley Cat Bf-019G-10 correction kit plus bucket loads of resin and PE bits thrown in.

or

- the same as the G-10 but converted to a K-4!

now if I can just wait till then...................... :frantic:

I know this is still a way off but as mentions am quite excited about this GB!!!

So am planning away at work...it's a wet boring day!

Will go 1/32nd, the base model build either Revell's Bf109G-6 or G-10....base model hint hint :wicked:

- the G-6 will have Alley Cat's Bf-109H conversion kit thrown at it (along with the G-6 correction kit and some PE/Resin bits)

or

- the G-10 this time with an Alley Cat Bf-019G-10 correction kit plus bucket loads of resin and PE bits thrown in.

or

- the same as the G-10 but converted to a K-4!

now if I can just wait till then...................... :frantic:

Don't bother with the Alley Cats wing bulge correction set, its too big and is wrong. Go with the Barracuda it fits and they got the bulges around the right way.

And If I haven't built it by then I will be in with Revell's 1:32 G-6 along with a lot of resin :)

Don't bother with the Alley Cats wing bulge correction set, its too big and is wrong. Go with the Barracuda it fits and they got the bulges around the right way.

And If I haven't built it by then I will be in with Revell's 1:32 G-6 along with a lot of resin :)

thanks for the info...

for the Bf-109H conversion Alley Cat recommended just the revised g-6 correction set with the Revell model, they didn't mention about the wing bulges.

If I go the H version i'll need to do more research.......though I'm tending to got G-10 or K-4 at the moment, a lot more choices of cool colour schemes! :D

If you have a look at my G-10 build in the Aircraft WIP area you will see the issues I had with the Alley Cats wing bulge parts, basic Alley Cats appear to have copied the G-6 pars and they are too long in the leading edge to trailing edge dimension. Also Revell have moulded the bulges 180 degrees out. Barracuda and one other company (who's name I forget have corrected this. Unfortunately I couldn't locate any in time for my corrected G-10 build so have robbed the incorrect parts from the G-6. However I will be building my G-6 with the correct bulges :)

I have no idea what you need for a H models as I am no guru :dunce:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a look at my G-10 build in the Aircraft WIP area you will see the issues I had with the Alley Cats wing bulge parts, basic Alley Cats appear to have copied the G-6 pars and they are too long in the leading edge to trailing edge dimension. Also Revell have moulded the bulges 180 degrees out. Barracuda and one other company (who's name I forget have corrected this. Unfortunately I couldn't locate any in time for my corrected G-10 build so have robbed the incorrect parts from the G-6. However I will be building my G-6 with the correct bulges :)

I have no idea what you need for a H models as I am no guru :dunce:

Mish as a bit of a Guru on 109's...well you know more than I do...which says a lot!!! :D

Do you know much about of heard much about the MDC conversion/updates sets for the 109? They do some late G series and K series sets, and I'm still very inclined to do one of these.

Mish as a bit of a Guru on 109's...well you know more than I do...which says a lot!!! :D

Do you know much about of heard much about the MDC conversion/updates sets for the 109? They do some late G series and K series sets, and I'm still very inclined to do one of these.

Sorry not come across those conversion/update sets, sorry.

• 1 month later...

ok as usual have changed my mind due to the fact this showed up the other day.....

DSCF3093_zpso5suu5u0.jpg

The base model is a pretty crappy short run model, but someone was kind enough to include most of a revell Bf-109G. So a bit of chopping and changing and all should be good!

• Like 3