Zvezda Sukhoi Superjet 100

DrewP

Hello, All!

This is my first post to Britmodeller, but not my first model. Though my experience is very limited, I feel I can do a decent job, depending on the model. Lucky for me, I got my hands on a Zvezda Sukhoi Superjet 100, and I've heard great things about Zvezda! I haven't done much, just taping the fuselage, horizontal stabilizers, and wings together. I'm not sure what I want to do with the windows, though. I haven't any bottles of Microscale Kristal Klear, and I just prefer using window decals. None such available! The only decals I can find are from DRAW, and even then, they're for the Skyteam Aeroflot. This is where my problem lies. Would anyone have any suggestions as to whether I should attempt leaving the windows open and painting the inside, or would anyone have any links to some basic windows? I might try looking for a bottle of Kristal at my local store, but their supplies are rather barren.

Many Thanks,

Drew

Pas Decals does some interesting liveries for the Superjet, some including windows.

Welcome on board Drew.

Sorry to disagree with Jessica but as far as I know PAS currently only do UTAir. I think they did Armavia at one point but one modeller reported issues: http://www.airlinercafe.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=7785

The best range is probably Aerodeka who have several liveries and usually include windows. I got a decent result from their Lao Central sheet a few months ago.

Nazca decals have a detail sheet for the SSJ which includes windows. They also produce the Interjet livery.

BOA produce a sheet for the very pretty Moskovia scheme and Revaro have Gazpromavia and UTAir (again). No windows but they can obviously be combined with the Nazca detail sheet.

HTH

Dave

A good substitute for kleer in the windows is ordinary PVA glue - just drop it in with a cocktail stick.

Tom

Never heard of that method, although I'm not much of the creative type! Thanks for the help, Tom!

Pas Decals does some interesting liveries for the Superjet, some including windows.

Thanks for the link, checked it out, they do have some very nice schemes, I'll definitely consider them. Thanks, again, for the help!

Wow, those are exactly what I'm looking for! Thank you for helping me out, it means a lot, Ian. Have a wonderful holidays, all!

Thanks for the amazing ideas and links,

Drew

Welcome on board Drew.

Sorry to disagree with Jessica but as far as I know PAS currently only do UTAir. I think they did Armavia at one point but one modeller reported issues: http://www.airlinercafe.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=7785

The best range is probably Aerodeka who have several liveries and usually include windows. I got a decent result from their Lao Central sheet a few months ago.

Nazca decals have a detail sheet for the SSJ which includes windows. They also produce the Interjet livery.

BOA produce a sheet for the very pretty Moskovia scheme and Revaro have Gazpromavia and UTAir (again). No windows but they can obviously be combined with the Nazca detail sheet.

HTH

Dave

I haven't done much research myself, me being the lazy person I am! I never really thought to check out Russian websites, but that makes complete sense, and they seemed to work well on your aircraft. You've helped me tons! Thank you, all, for being so polite and helpful, my first impressions of this website have been positive, and now, they're even better. You've all been wonderful!

Thanks,

Drew

I'm sure I speak for others as well, we're glad to help. Just make sure you post some pics in the Ready for Inspection section when you've finished!

Cheers,

Ian

I'm planning on working on it during the couple weeks around christmas

Thanks,

Drew

Edited by DrewP

Jeff, I'm not sure about the current position. When I bought three or four sheets back in June 2014 I had to pay by Western Union. That wasn't a problem but the commission was a bit hefty although it was offset by the rock-bottom exchange rate at the time. Dmitry writes decent English (which is just as well since I don't have any Russian) and if you drop him an e-mail I'm sure he'll clarify how things work. The e-mail I used at the time was [email protected]

HTH

Dave

Hello, all who are reading this past the date of 12/18/15 I have started a Work In Progress thread about my work on it. I've ordered some aftermarket decals from some guy on eBay and am going to receive them on 12/28/15. I am planning on finishing it around New Year's Day or maybe even early January. I am trying to take this slow and steady and do what I can to make it presentable. Thanks, all, for the help, support, and kind ideas you have all provided. Hope to see you in my WIP thread!

Thank you,

Drew