MikeW and the world of "I wish I had flown on that".

MikeW

Can't believe I completed so many, and another six close to the finish line. Traveling to obscure corners of the globe has been a constant interest in my life, so, surprise! another year of 1/144 airliners.

Thanks for taking a look.

Cheers,

Mike

mg4_zpsdd606492.jpg

BEA5_zpse7bafc62.jpg

CA2_zpsi0atalye.jpg

Tu1_zps8wjvgekr.jpg

DC1_zps8ujm2wqd.jpg

el1_zpsdn49qlr1.jpg

AZ3_zpsw9k34lvl.jpg

Eg1_zpsiqfvflf4.jpg

korean%20720_zpsgaghwe2p.jpg

Viet_zpsppocomcp.jpg

port_zpsjdzkcb8h.jpg

YS2_zpsdo59arir.jpg

7202_zpsnfsvjvmc.jpg

7372_zps1cwwxszi.jpg

Nord2_zpsrzgjdgdp.jpg

Rho%202_zpsfanzolby.jpg

Anset%201_zpsysgsgcql.jpg

NW3_zpssw3jtum6.jpg

AM6_zpsmtz0wlxi.jpg

• Like 29

That's a prolific output! They're also brilliant. Particularly like the BEA Airbuses.

(Note to Mark if he reads this: that is the only circumstance in real life that you will ever hear me say I like Airbuses!)

• Like 1

Crikey Mike, you have been rather busy haven't you? A very nice selection, how big is your entire collection of models?

About the 200 range at present Stew. I am at the "where the heck can I put the new ones when finished" stage.

What are you going to do when you get your hands on a nice new Roden VC-10?

Well, obviously will have to start with two of them for the BOAC and East African liveries. Then, if it turns out it looks like I could cut down the fuselage to a standard VC-10, well, the mind boggles.

Don't recall seeing the Electra previously. Which kit and decals?

It is the Minicraft kit with Classic-Airlines decals. I also did a TAA version. One can never have too many Aussies. :)

Congratulations on the prodigious output of quality subjects - you've put me to shame. :jealous:

You are too kind Mike - I'd give my right arm, well, maybe the left, to produce airliners at your quality level.

Thanks for all the comments folks. It is fun to list the output for the year all in one spot, and when one sees how many there were, the thought occurs "I need to get a life!"

Cheers,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic collection Mike and all superbly built and finished,.......I`m not an airliner fan as such but I always look forward to your models when they appear in RFI as you choose some excellent subjects and schemes,

Rock on 2016,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

And my final four for the year.

Airfix Boeing 737-200

Canadian_zpswbrrhqhv.jpg

F-Rsin Vickers Viscount

sa4_zpswlxir96n.jpg

Roden Boeing 720

Belize_zps684oxm4d.jpg

Minicraft Boeing 737-300. Southwest's "California One". Not a huge fan of the airline, but I liked this livery. I had some issues with the windows on this one and Jon from 8adecs stepped up and really helped me out. A true pleasure to work with

wn1_zps4zzg2xax.jpg

Now where is that champagne? Oh wait, I'm still in the office, but counting . . . . .

Happy New Year one and all.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 2

Thanks one and all for the comments - I know airliners are not most everyones' thing, so appreciate the attention.

Well come the Airliners GB later in the year they'd better be!

Too many good 'uns to have a clear favourite.

Superb models Mike, keep on churning them out as we love them!

• Like 1