1/48 - Eduard's reboxings from Hasegawa's Saab J-35 (released), Harrier GR.7/.9 (released) & Macchi MC.202 Folgore (released)

Homebee

Regarding Hasegawa reboxes by Eduard, didnĀ“t they, at some point, announced that there would be a third F-104 Limited Edition dedicated to the JASDF F-104J?

Yes indeed, can't remember which Info though, it was the one where they first announced the rebox of this kit.

Maybe January 2015, got to check.

In between, there has been the combo NATO/Bundefighter, not planned at first.

I just hope that it's not a replacement.

I don't think so, we just have to wait.

from ~43 ā‚¬ on ebay without shipping costs....

sound reasonable! look like being a good value kit :) flighter type plastic (deifferent tails and tail cones) PE, some resin, nice decals

ordered just in case ;)

This is of course something I must have. However, Finnish decals have wrong typeface and roundels are wrong. Another thing that Eduard have missed is that the Swedish individual had (faded) black rectangular markings on the inner part of the wings. But resin parts look great, especially those for the Danish one - although Danish pylons seems to be missing (but they are available from Maestro Models, and will also be available from Eduard).

Edited by Bjorn

mine arrived :)

IMG_6551_1_1_zpsjmixucim.jpg

Eduard went to great length to do accurate versions! especialls the Austrian one is catered for by extra plastic only used for this version (and maybe a newer Danish one) grey cockpit interior PE, only found in J35Oes!

IMG_6554_1_1_zps128h19pl.jpg

:top:

• Like 2

The parts included make it possible to build an early Danish Draken, not a later one. Still, the Danish version lacks the 6 pylons (sold separately by Eduard) and the correct Danish fuel tanks (forget about the Maestro ones; they are too small). Interestingly the previous Hasegawa releases with Danish markings and parts include the late Danish modifications and the tanks, but not the correct wheels (they are in the Eduard kit).

Jens

Edit: I just looked in my Hasegawa RF-35 kits, and they do have the correct Danish wheels (injection moulded, not resin as in the Eduard kit).

Edited by Jens
  • Like 1

The parts included make it possible to build an early Danish Draken, not a later one. Still, the Danish version lacks the 6 pylons (sold separately by Eduard) and the correct Danish fuel tanks (forget about the Maestro ones; they are too small). Interestingly the previous Hasegawa releases with Danish markings and parts include the late Danish modifications and the tanks, but not the correct wheels (they are in the Eduard kit).

Jens

thanks, yeah, some strange boying decissions..... but finally it looks like we get the necessary parts together for ALL versions :)

it seem I still need some education on especially Danish Drakens.... going through the Northern Airpower book, I identified even more combinations than I thought were possible! (e.g. some fighter versions already had the fin tip RWR, but not he tail cone mounted flare dispensers... ) then , there was an earlier , much slimmer ECM pod on the outer most pylons as well.... what are these?

still a lot to learn obviously, but eager to do so!

thanks, yeah, some strange boying decissions..... but finally it looks like we get the necessary parts together for ALL versions :)

it seem I still need some education on especially Danish Drakens.... going through the Northern Airpower book, I identified even more combinations than I thought were possible! (e.g. some fighter versions already had the fin tip RWR, but not he tail cone mounted flare dispensers... ) then , there was an earlier , much slimmer ECM pod on the outer most pylons as well.... what are these?

still a lot to learn obviously, but eager to do so!

The earlier, slimmer pod was the initial version of the AN/ALR-45 RHAW system. It was later moved to the wing tips. The later pod was an AN/ALQ-162 jamming pod.

Jens

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is of course something I must have. However, Finnish decals have wrong typeface and roundels are wrong. Another thing that Eduard have missed is that the Swedish individual had (faded) black rectangular markings on the inner part of the wings. But resin parts look great, especially those for the Danish one - although Danish pylons seems to be missing (but they are available from Maestro Models, and will also be available from Eduard).

Just curious - what's wrong with the Finnish markings in the kit? I got the kit yesterday and from looking at any photos I can find they look OK to me.....though I'm not by any means an expert on either the Draken or the Finnish AF.

Just curious - what's wrong with the Finnish markings in the kit? I got the kit yesterday and from looking at any photos I can find they look OK to me.....though I'm not by any means an expert on either the Draken or the Finnish AF.

Roundels seems too dark blue, VAARA-signs are too long and the DK-223 typeface is not entirely correct (but close). The mid-part (the white) on the roundels also look s little too large, however I am not sure about that.

A nice selection of schemes, the resin seat was a given, wonder if you get the two different LERX in the kit, just shows the one in the sprue layout but the side profiles show two of the aircraft with 100% LERX.

Also interesting to see their releasing some Brassin sets to go along with the release, a Sniper pod and TERMA pod.

Muzz

Roundels seems too dark blue, VAARA-signs are too long and the DK-223 typeface is not entirely correct (but close). The mid-part (the white) on the roundels also look s little too large, however I am not sure about that.

Looking at photos again I still can't see a whole lot wrong - what's provided will certainly do me!

A nice selection of schemes, the resin seat was a given, wonder if you get the two different LERX in the kit, just shows the one in the sprue layout but the side profiles show two of the aircraft with 100% LERX.

Also interesting to see their releasing some Brassin sets to go along with the release, a Sniper pod and TERMA pod.

Muzz

Yeah, afaik, hasegawa did not mold the 100% LERX...

would be mor important than resin wheels imho!

nice, we get a(nother) TERMA pod for Afghanistan operations!

Yeah, afaik, hasegawa did not mold the 100% LERX...

would be mor important than resin wheels imho!

nice, we get a(nother) TERMA pod for Afghanistan operations!

None of the UK Harrier kits Hasegawa have released had it but the AV-B+ kit came with the 100% LERX so they could quite easily provide it. Agreed about the resin wheels, I suppose it improves the outriggers quite a bit.

Muzz

None of the UK Harrier kits Hasegawa have released had it but the AV-B+ kit came with the 100% LERX so they could quite easily provide it. Agreed about the resin wheels, I suppose it improves the outriggers quite a bit.

Muzz

Kit No: 09921 Harrier GR Mk.9 `FAA 100th Anniversary` did include both the 100% LERX (Sprue J) and the original 65% LERX (Sprue K) but as far as I'm aware that was the only Hasegawa British Harrier that did.

I wasn't that much interested before, but that green bugger looks tasty!

I wonder what the price will be?

Ā£57.99 in the UK according to Hannants: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EDK1166 although I'm sure it will be available cheaper from a number of outlets! You can of course save 10% on that if you preorder but then you will have to add p&p back onto the total.

Greg

Edited by GregW
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks

100% LERX included or not.... that's the question ;)

According to the information supplied to distributors both the 65% & 100% LERX are included!

However, the PDF with the parts layout for the Harrier only shows sprue K (65% LERX) but in the text it states both are included. Oddly the same layout also shows sprue U (GR.5 nose) rather than the correct sprue V (GR.7/9 nose)

"Hopefully" the correct parts are all in the box!!

Greg

• Like 1