1/48 - Eduard's reboxings from Hasegawa's Saab J-35 (released), Harrier GR.7/.9 (released) & Macchi MC.202 Folgore (released)

Homebee

That link has phantoms, FW 190 and spitfires on it?

it in the text on page one:

"three new ex-Hasegawa re-boxings with Saab J-35, Macchi MC 202 and Harrier GR.7"

but it should be J35...

Drakens are always welcome! wonder what they will include? Hasegawa already released quite some special schemes!

Maybe the necessary sprues to do all 4 operators?

some appropriate literature:

http://nordicairpower.com/books/nap%236.html

d794ec874f-Draken-bog-forside--medi.jpg

Austrian J35Oe MkII Drakens in superb light! :) :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Awesome. Hope they won't break the bank....and also some RB-27 and RB-28 Falcons are included.

Well, it says resin wheels and seat+Cartograf decals, no Falcons...

Also Eduard will sell Danish Draken pylons separately in their Brassin range. Maybe Falcon will come in the future - it could be useful for forthcoming Kinetic Mirage IIIS...

P

Edited by petarvu

Usually I am not over exited with the Eduard Limited Edition kits as I feel them to be a tad expensive with what extras are included but I might be interested in the Macci 202. Simply because the Hasegawa box is not so easy to get here. I would find it (peronally) more interesting if Eduard would release kits which are not so easily available anyway - a Hasegawa 1-48 Seaking with high quality decals (including Old 66) springs to my mind or a 1:72 F-111? And the y could be more generous with their resin additions.

I must say that I had higher expectations about this draken release.
Only 4 decal options and most of them already available from other sources. And not very much in form of resin details either.

/Johan

nice decal choices!

I hope though that Hasegawa's correct tail fairings (RWRs, Chaff/flare dispensers) for late Austrian and Danish Drakens will be included!

at least the shown Austrian paint scheme with the 1.000.000 flying outs was done on an updated aircraft!

nice decal choices!

I hope though that Hasegawa's correct tail fairings (RWRs, Chaff/flare dispensers) for late Austrian and Danish Drakens will be included!

at least the shown Austrian paint scheme with the 1.000.000 flying outs was done on an updated aircraft!

The Danish version shown is an early example so it is pre-RHAW and chaff/flare.

Jens

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Releasei,June

Draken on approach.

https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/photos/a.122154977799458.21995.116570475024575/1287494117932199/?type=3&theater

Box contents preview of the upcoming Limited Edition of Saab J-35 "Draken" in 48th scale.

Kit includes Hasegawa sprues, 4 markings on decal sheet by Cartograf, color photo-etched details by Eduard, resin ejection seat, wheels and tail hook, painting mask.

13260270_1287494117932199_79767204254626

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

It could be interesting if the J35Ö version has reasonably complete stencils included on the decalsheet, something that was missing from Hasegawa's releases.

How much?

Where are you located? Eduard changes the price (substantially) depending on your location.

Guesstimating from the F-104 re-box prices...

If you live in the Czech Republic, Eduard will charge you $45 / £30.

If you live in Western Europe, Eduard will charge you $85 / £55.

If you live anywhere else in the world, Eduard will charge you $100 / £70.